Web Developer DataBricks
@databricks | San Francisco
Databricks’ mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the team who created Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Salesforce, Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
The Databricks marketing website is our single most important external communication tool. Databricks is looking for a knowledgeable, savvy Web Developer to join the Marketing Team and support all online initiatives. In this role, you will drive all aspects of maintaining and building out the main marketing website and other Databricks web properties, with an eye toward improving the web experience, and a strong comfort level with testing to improve web performance. You will also collaborate with the entire marketing team in the creation and implementation of web content such as landing pages, blog posts, website edits, press, and email marketing.
- Build, maintain and consolidate Databricks web properties
- Own quarterly growth targets for web traffic
- Timely and rapid development of web projects to create or update pages
- Implement on-going testing and optimization as part of conversion rate optimization efforts
- Create new pages, drive consolidation & migration efforts of other existing Databricks properties
- Apply security and plugin updates
- Regularly refactor and apply performance updates
- Troubleshooting and tracking issues, logging bugs, and collaborating with team to define key site changes
- Work across different internal stakeholder groups and SEO agency to implement tactics to grow site traffic
- Plan and execute A/B tests to optimize for conversions
- Understands design to help improve the user experience on the site
- Track and report web metrics and provide insights to the team into site performance
- Create pages in WordPress
- Ensures pages are SEO optimized
- Staging and publishing of content - Blog posts, press releases, etc.
Build and maintain Databricks' web properties:
Drive web performance
Staging and publishing web content
Competencies / Requirements
- Extensive knowledge of WordPress CMS and theme/plugin development
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Background developing landing pages and executing A/B tests
- Experience working with git version control software
- Able to self-manage projects and can provide input on new projects
- Strong analytical skills to deliver insights to improve performance
- Able to perform under pressure and deliver results in a demanding and fast-paced environment that requires fresh thinking and innovation
- Works and communicates well with stakeholders across multiple groups
Summary of the Role
Databricks, founded by the co-creators of the wildly popular Big Data analytics technology Apache Spark, is focused on making Big Data simple. Databricks’ customers extract tremendous value out of its Cloud offering and the combination of data processing and advanced analytics capabilities. The primary target audiences are data scientists and data engineers.
The Marketing team at Databricks is chartered with helping fuel the company’s explosive growth, from increasing awareness through pipeline and revenue growth, to driving advocacy globally. The Web Developer will be an integral part of this fast paced, high growth environment and will own all aspects of building and maintaining Databricks’ corporate web presence, and help scale our web efforts to support the company’s growth. This individual has strong technical chops with in-depth knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Javascrip, and expert knowledge of web standards and responsive design. A fast learner, this person has the opportunity to have a significant impact in driving our growth.
Databricks' vision is to empower anyone to easily build and deploy advanced analytics solutions. The company was founded by the team who created Apache® Spark™, a powerful open source data processing engine built for sophisticated analytics, ease of use, and speed. Databricks is the largest contributor to the open source Apache Spark project providing 10x more code than any other company. The company has also trained over 20,000 users on Apache Spark, and has the largest number of customers deploying Spark to date. Databricks provides a just-in-time data platform, to simplify data integration, real-time experimentation, and robust deployment of production applications. Databricks is venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz and NEA. For more information, email@example.com.