Web Applications Integrator (Exempt) City of Beverly Hills
City of Beverly Hills | Beverly Hills
City of Beverly Hills Job Summary
This recruitment is open continuously until filled, and may close at any time.
Under administrative direction, designs, develops, tests, enterprise class java/J2EE/Websphere solutions; uses software development tools to build. Test, performance tune, and maintain application modules, components, and subsystems; uses expertise and appropriate techniques and tools to design, develop and maintain effective application software and performs related duties as assigned.
- Analyzes business requirements and subsequent creation of high-level technical design documents and detailed technical specifications, in accordance with City architecture standards.
- Develops application code as necessary, using Java, WebSphere and Struts
- Performs Unit and system testing of application code as well as execution of implementation activities.
- Identifies documents and estimates technical tasks for projects or varying sizes and levels of complexity.
- Analyzes and identifies technical areas of improvement within existing web applications
- Works with other internal IT teams to complete project activities, such as infrastructure, architecture and database design
- Acts as client interface for discovery, solution development, system testing, solutions presentation, training, and application support.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, computer science, or equivalent level of work experience; and
- 4-5 years experience designing, developing, and implementing large-scale web-based, Java/J2EE implementations in hosted production environments, including solid understanding of Enterprise Business architectures; and
- One year experience at a leadership level desired senior-level experience with application server clustering, performance tuning and testing; and
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates strong understanding of object-oriented architectures, including comprehensive knowledge of design patterns, advanced programming techniques, and networked operating systems.
- Displays solid understanding of framework design and architecture, including experience with frameworks like J2EE, and Struts
- Possesses knowledge in middleware & messaging technologies, JMS, MQ Series, Websphere Message Broker.
- Demonstrates knowledge of security protocols, including SSL
- Demonstrates solid knowledge and experience with integrating disparate data sources including SQL, and DB2, and Active Directory
- Possesses solid knowledge of JAVA object design and patterns and ability to translate them into efficient code.
- Possesses experience with multiple platforms such as Windows, UNIX, and Linux
- Demonstrates a proven track record of successfully delivering scalable Java-based solutions in highly secure, highly transactional applications.
- Possesses knowledge of SQL and ability to create efficient SQL queries utilizing views and stored procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in test driven development techniques (ex. JUnit).
- Possesses knowledge of supporting programming languages such as C, C++, and Actionscript, VB, etc.
- Possesses ability to develop applications that integrate advanced GIS functionality
- Possesses experience with Java development tools such as Websphere Application Developer or Rational Application Developer.