Web Applications Integrator (Exempt) City of Beverly Hills
City of Beverly Hills
Beverly HillsAPPLY FOR JOB
City of Beverly Hills Job Summary
This recruitment is open continuously until filled, and may close at any time.
Under administrative direction, designs, develops, tests, enterprise class java/J2EE/Websphere solutions; uses software development tools to build. Test, performance tune, and maintain application modules, components, and subsystems; uses expertise and appropriate techniques and tools to design, develop and maintain effective application software and performs related duties as assigned.
- Analyzes business requirements and subsequent creation of high-level technical design documents and detailed technical specifications, in accordance with City architecture standards.
- Develops application code as necessary, using Java, WebSphere and Struts
- Performs Unit and system testing of application code as well as execution of implementation activities.
- Identifies documents and estimates technical tasks for projects or varying sizes and levels of complexity.
- Analyzes and identifies technical areas of improvement within existing web applications
- Works with other internal IT teams to complete project activities, such as infrastructure, architecture and database design
- Acts as client interface for discovery, solution development, system testing, solutions presentation, training, and application support.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, computer science, or equivalent level of work experience; and
- 4-5 years experience designing, developing, and implementing large-scale web-based, Java/J2EE implementations in hosted production environments, including solid understanding of Enterprise Business architectures; and
- One year experience at a leadership level desired senior-level experience with application server clustering, performance tuning and testing; and
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
APPLY FOR JOB
- Demonstrates strong understanding of object-oriented architectures, including comprehensive knowledge of design patterns, advanced programming techniques, and networked operating systems.
- Displays solid understanding of framework design and architecture, including experience with frameworks like J2EE, and Struts
- Possesses knowledge in middleware & messaging technologies, JMS, MQ Series, Websphere Message Broker.
- Demonstrates knowledge of security protocols, including SSL
- Demonstrates solid knowledge and experience with integrating disparate data sources including SQL, and DB2, and Active Directory
- Possesses solid knowledge of JAVA object design and patterns and ability to translate them into efficient code.
- Possesses experience with multiple platforms such as Windows, UNIX, and Linux
- Demonstrates a proven track record of successfully delivering scalable Java-based solutions in highly secure, highly transactional applications.
- Possesses knowledge of SQL and ability to create efficient SQL queries utilizing views and stored procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in test driven development techniques (ex. JUnit).
- Possesses knowledge of supporting programming languages such as C, C++, and Actionscript, VB, etc.
- Possesses ability to develop applications that integrate advanced GIS functionality
- Possesses experience with Java development tools such as Websphere Application Developer or Rational Application Developer.