VP of IT elastic
elastic | San Francisco 2018-04-25
Our business systems and tools keep the blood flowing through the Elastic organism - keeping it connected, happy, and working 24x7x365 across 32 countries. Our systems are critical to everything we do, every line of code we commit, every deal we close, every customer case we solve, every moment we share together over video. Elastic’s future depends on evolving and innovating our systems to not just keep up with our people, but to lay down tracks ahead of them, anticipating what comes next. Our systems and the people that love and care for them are core to our success, and as the leader this team, you will be critical to that success.
The perfect candidate for this role will be ambitious, well versed in the world of modern information technology and the demands of a sometimes nomadic workforce, and does not accept the status quo. You will be visionary in anticipating new ways to put the latest tools and capabilities into the hands of your internal customers in a controlled way, while being open to learning from your colleagues about even more amazing possibilities through their experiences in the world. You will wake up every day to new ideas of how to use our own Elastic Stack to further us along towards greatness. You will live in the future, always thinking ahead, while planning for the commonplace and the exceptional.
In this role, you will be comfortable challenging and influencing senior leaders in the business, and thinking very strategically. Choices for the business will be made collaboratively using data and wisdom, but mostly data, balancing investment with return. You will be lead of a team of conscientious and skilled professionals, each an expert in their own domain. Maintaining the respect and trust your customers have for the team, as well as respect and trust within the team, is foundational.
If you read this far and think that's me then you probably won't need to read any further and we should have a conversation. But if you are in any doubt the type of experiences we expect you to have then the following should help clarify;
- Strategic technology thinker who has successfully led and driven strategic change and transformation in fast moving organizations.
- Partners effectively with the senior leadership team, influencing thinking and executing decisions.
- Has a consistent record of building and managing world-class business applications, infrastructure tools and systems that scale.
- Strong experience with driving and delivering the overarching strategic visions of the company whilst simultaneously balancing immediate business priorities/projects.
- Knowledge and willingness to continually stay on top of the latest industry products and technologies, and be able to identify how new technologies can be integrated into Elastic to drive improvement, including the use of our own stack to solution internal needs.
- Focused on maintaining tight controls and compliance posture.
- Highly effective in building strong business relationships across all parts of the business through transparent, timely, and concise communications.
- Consistent track record of leadership of distributed high-performing teams, including growing and mentoring future leaders, maximizing all team members individual contributions and creating inspired work environments that support innovation.
- Leads by example and will not hesitate to roll up sleeves when needed with day to day activities.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in relevant area and equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience leading a high-performing IT organization.
- Exceptional collaboration and influencing skills, specifically a demonstrated ability to effectively guide and influence within a dynamic environment.
- Background in high-tech industry, with depth of experience in cloud technologies and experienced building tightly integrated ecosystems.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- 401K matching
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Target Locations: San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.