Front End Engineer
Vendo is a digital sales platform that helps CPG brands sell direct to consumer via Amazon and custom branded websites. Think of us as your online sales engine. Our mission is to help you scale your one-to-one customer relationships using paid media, social networks, influencers, search engines, and other online traffic sources in order to maximize sales, data, and brand loyalty across all online channels. We combine best of breed technologies with decades of digital experience and execution know-how. It all works together. And the whole equals more than the sum of its parts. Everything we do is about generating sales and preparing your brand for a digital future that is becoming more important by the day.
Vendo is an equal opportunity employer. We provide above market compensation and the chance to work with talented people in a winning, successful, and pleasant environment. We provide medical insurance, performance bonuses, equity, vacation time, and much more. The salary range for this position is dependent on experience level.
// WHO YOU ARE //
We are looking for a result-oriented, proactive, and motivated individual to be part of our software development team. This individual will play an active role in all aspects of web development including managing existing eCommerce partners as well as working to develop new technologies and applications. You will be working hand in hand with creative designers, backend developers, and senior management. There is a strong possibility for promotion and upward growth within the company for talented individuals.
// DAY-TO-DAY //
- Code, and document projects of various scope
- Develop front-end pages with pixel perfect quality in regards to navigational layouts and appearance
- Make front-end updates to a network of divergent websites
- Provide technical assistance to engineers, designers, and managers as required
- Work closely with online marketing teams to coordinate projects and communicate technical issues
// WHAT YOU BRING //
- 4+ years of front-end development experience, bonus for a background in eCommerce
- Ability to create standards-compliant, valid XHTML/CSS files by hand from Photoshop design comps – must be pixel perfect
- Must have experience with Shopify web development
- Recommended experience AJAX and JSON
- Proficiency with Photoshop or other image editing software
- Ability to write clean, coherent code and to follow established coding style guidelines
- Flash, Actionscript, PHP and mySQL knowledge a plus
- Experience with third-party tools a plus (Google Analytics, Optimizely, Klaviyo, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with proven ability to communicate complex ideas and to design and document projects in a clear, concise way