Vans Web Developer
Vans | Costa Mesa 2018-06-18
Vans: Be a Part of the Original
“It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people” – Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through Vans’ four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans our culture sets us apart and it influences everything we do. Everything we do supports creativity and we are driven by our five values. We are determined . We are connected to our consumers and to each other. We are inclusive . We are expressive and Fun . And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest retail company comprised of over 30 brands. We are the leading drivers of retail as our global footwear, apparel and accessory brand is available in 170 countries worldwide. As we continue to expand, we take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take great pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individual’s pursuit of growth to achieve future goals. In order to prioritize career growth within our company, Vans offers courses on topics such as leadership, communication, collaboration and technical skills to ensure our employees are self-motivated and developing to the pace of our rapidly growing business.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed into an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Web Developer – Customs: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
Come be a part of Vans, whose influence in the action sports, music, art and street culture reaches regional and international movers of these artistic movements. The way you express your creativity will allow our audience to relate to the individuality and authenticity Vans exhibits. As the Customs Web Developer, you will work closely with the Operational Team and Global Business Technology (GBT) Team to assist in the development efforts for the new Customs platform. In addition, you will be collaborating with the product owner and business analyst to develop iterative improvements to the product customization program. On a daily basis, you will get to interact with many talented people who allow you to embrace a wild and curious imagination to create extraordinary changes and results. Vans is looking for a talented, proactive, and self-managed frontend developer to join the incredible Vans/VF digital team to revolutionize our product customization program.
How You Will Make a Difference:
Communicate and partner with cross functional business team including Site Operations, Product, eCommerce Marketing teams to understand requirements, design solutions, and develop specifications. Works to integrate with third-party applications used in the day-to-day support and maintenance of Customs platform. Performs development work primarily on projects and enhancements on the Customs platform. Develops application fixes in a complex, time-sensitive environment. Coordinate and align with 3rd party and platform development resources.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 4+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 4 years of professional experience with enterprise high performance customer facing web application.
- Experience with Agile project management methodology.
- Must possess the ability to communicate using strong verbal, written, and listening skills
- Minimum 4+ years of experience building customer facing web applications in Java.
- Knowledge of overall web development experience, IBM WebSphere Commerce Suite experience preferred
- DB2, mySQL server development experience.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience working and integration of third-party applications such as AEM, search, tag management and analytics.
- Strong knowledge of desktop browsers, tablet, and mobile interfaces and corresponding cross-browser capabilities and their limitations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be extremely responsive, able to work under pressure in crisis with a strong sense of urgency.
- Previous e-Commerce experience preferred
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements
- Travel by air and overnight, as required 5% amount of time.
- Ability to be flexible in additional hours when needed.