User Experience Designer Tableau Software
Tableau Software | Seattle 2018-04-19
What you'll be doing...
Do you find data visualization fascinating? Are you excited about helping people see and understand data - from non-profits to research firms, and startups to fortune-500 companies? How about designing tools and experiences that allow people to explore their data by creating beautiful scatter plots and charts or colorful maps? If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to meet you and maybe you’ll become the next member of our design team. Our team currently consists of 20 visual and interaction designers. We work in multidisciplinary teams to create tools and experiences for our desktop, web, and mobile products, focuses on a variety of areas such as: visual analytics, (big) data, sharing insights and collaboration.
Visual analytics is at the foundation of Tableau's mission to help explore their data by creating meaningful bar charts, beautiful scatter plots or rich and colorful geographical maps. This team envisions and designs .and we want you to join the team that builds the analytical heartbeat of our desktop, web, and mobile apps. You see the shapes and meaning in rows and columns of data, and you want to help everyone share their own magical data experiences.
The (big) data team designs experience to help people, from individual users to data managers and administrators to deal with massive amounts of data of different types, such JSON and Excel, as well as a variety of sources such as Sales Force, Google, Amazon. Designers on this team take advantage of machine learning to design powerful tools to help people clean and manage data for it to be used and analyzed.
The Tableau Collaboration team envisions and designs spaces and experiences that help Tableau customers collaborate, communicate, share, and explore their vizzes and insights. Designers on this team evaluate and integrate what users love about collaborative systems like Slack, Dropbox, and Google Docs, with what our customers love about using Tableau.
The Sharing Insights team designs new ways for people to tell beautiful and engaging stories with their data. Designers on this team create experience that help our customers captivate a crowd with a well-told data tale that wows them with unexpected insights. They turn data storytellers into artists by giving them tools to craft their presentations into fine masterpieces and unleash their power in using data to changing the world.
Some of the things you'll be doing include...
- Working directly with engineers, be they front-end, back-end, QA, or PM, from beginning to end. There are no hand-offs here.
- Fostering a healthy design practice by giving and receiving feedback with maturity and perspective.
- Coaching, mentor and growing new, impressionable, and excited designers.
- We are always looking for even better ways to scale and increase the impact of our design team: improving, applying and involving people in our craft. Where should we go next?
- Turning complex and technical concepts into easy to understand tools.
- Experiences that feel simple and straightforward, even when the data is not.
- Scenarios, user flows, wireframes, and working prototypes that clearly communicate design intent to everyone, designers and non-designers alike.
Who you are…
- A Designer. You have a solid understanding of the design process and best practices.
- Educated. Bachelors or higher degree in User Experience related field (UX design, HCI, Graphic design
- Breadth of Experience. 2+ years of experience, including a rich portfolio of design work demonstrating user experiences beyond websites and mobile apps.
- A Team Player. You're flexible and open while designing, discussing, and presenting your work.
- Results-Oriented. The ability to work fast and generate a wide variety of high quality solutions.
- Curious-Minded. A passion for learning, sharing and collaboration: new design tools and processes, new technical areas, better ways to get things done.
- Data Rockstar. Experience with data visualization, software development and/or designing multi-system products and services are a big plus.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.