Trend Micro | Austin
Trend Micro: Securing Your Journey to the Cloud
Trend Micro, the world’s largest independent security software company, strives to make the world a safer place by protecting digital information. Our solutions for consumers, businesses and governments provide layered security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Trend Micro enables the smart protection of information, with innovative technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and security that fits an evolving ecosystem. Our solutions are supported by over 5000 employees in over 50 countries and powered by the world’s most advanced cloud-based global threat intelligence, the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™.
As part of software development team, you will be responsible for understanding the requirements for a common platform layer that supports security applications, translating those requirements into executable designs, planning for the development and realizing the implementation. The common platform layer is used by multiple security applications and provides functionality such as high availability, initialization, logging, software update, user management, shell access, and configuration. Technologies include C/C++, Linux and much more.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Product Management/Architects to identify customer requirements, write functional and design specifications.
- Design and implement major portions of software using appropriate tools and technologies for various hypervisor and physical platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ years of software development experience in a multi-tasking and/or multi-threaded environment.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills and threading libraries is a MUST.
- Knowledge on Linux operating system.
- Experience with iterative development methodologies (Agile/Scrum)
- Experience with developing web services (SOAP/REST),XML/XPath
- Experience in virtualization technologies ( ESXi, KVM, Hyper-V,XEN)
- Good understanding of Networking and TCP/IP stack.
- Good understanding of virtual device drivers vmxnet3, virtio etc.
- Experience with virtualization management systems libvirt, vcenter.
- Understanding/experience with OpenStack and OpenFlow desirable
- An open and collaborative mindset suited to a high performing team.
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal.
- A customer-driven perspective
Trend Micro provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Trend Micro does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.