Front End Developer
TableSafe | Kirkland, WA
Our startup in Kirkland is developing the next generation of EMV-capable pay-at-the-table devices. We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer to assist in the design, implementation and continued maintenance of our web application. You will work collaboratively with developers, quality assurance engineers and product managers. Our team moves quickly, the right candidate will be versatile and willing to provide expertise and guidance to ensure our software is able to provide a highly reliable, engaging and secure solution for all of our customers and partners.
You Will Have…
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
● 3+ years of experience in a software development role
● 1+ years of experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
● Expert knowledge of web programming including PHP, ASP or JSP; PHP preferred
● Expert knowledge of front-end technologies including AngularJS and Bootstrap
● Proficient with Node.js frameworks such as Hapi.js, Socket.io, Express.js
● Expert knowledge in RESTful API web services
● Experience with distributed source control (Git/Mercurial)
● Solid understanding of security concepts, principles and best practices
● The ability to understand fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
● Experience building complex web applications that have been successfully delivered to the marketplace
● Experience supporting a production environment
● Strong attention to detail and thoroughness; able to handle complex issues and undocumented processes
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; functional and technical specifications will be required
● The ability to work in a fast-paced and Agile environment; flexibility and responsiveness is required
Your Responsibilities Will Be…
● To participate in the product development lifecycle, including the requirements gathering, design review, capacity planning and code review processes.
● To design, develop and maintain functional and appealing web-based applications with an emphasis on usability.
● To provide website maintenance and enhancements.
● To use a combination of markup languages to write web pages.
● To create quality mockups and prototypes on a tight timeline to be reviewed and approved by the business and management teams.
● To assist middle-tier and back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
● To create web applications that are consistent across all browsers and platforms.
● To maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface.
What You Will Get…
● The ability to transform the dining experience and the way in which restaurants accept payments; securing the transaction and protecting both the restaurant and the diner from potential credit card fraud.
● The ability to impact change and drive the business forward; we’re a small team and every voice is critical to our success as a company.
● A competitive compensation package.