Software Engineer - Front End
Strive Labs | Boston
We’re looking for an experienced front-end developer who builds seriously remarkable products. If you are passionate about releasing excellent code to customers, love working in an Agile environment and are chomping at the bit to work with ReactJS, Saas, Webpack, and React Native, we want to hear from you.
As Strive Lab’s newest software engineer, you’ll help us scale up the implementation of our Ruby on Rails SaaS products beyond their current capabilities to manage 10s of millions of patients. More importantly, you’ll do this all while the train is barreling down the tracks, pushing code to production multiple times per day.
At Strive Labs, we place a premium on hiring the most talented people for our teams, and then give them the freedom to do their jobs. We are a small team that works hard—but we have lots of fun doing it. So, if you like a collaborative, challenging, work environment, you’ll fit right in.
- Work with product owner and design team to deliver the best possible user experience.
- Collaborate with your team to assess, experiment, spike, and recommend appropriate API endpoints to support frontend requirements.
- Maintain and debug existing React JS application code.
- Assist with the design and deployment of new features.
- Convert existing UI components to React JS.
- Research and understand problems from our users’ perspectives and perform application support duties as necessary.
- Be a consummate professional—as a software engineer, that means you exhibit excellent design, implementation, and testing discipline.
- Study like an A-plus student. You’ll need to quickly learn and monitor operating system, application, and database performance—and then report your findings to others.
- Embrace the challenges of helping to grow a small development team into a larger, high performing unit.
Abilities and Knowledge
- Be organized, ahead of schedule, communicative, and accountable—in short, own your role entirely, while being open to critiques, suggestions, and new ideas.
- Jibe with our culture. We’re talking grit, humility, efficiency, adaptability, transparency, and kindness.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, or a related field
- Experience testing frameworks
- At least 3 years of professional application development and experience using React and React Native
- Experience using caching technologies (e.g., Memcached, Redis, Hazelcast) message queues (e.g., ActiveMQ , RabbitMQ, Kafka, SNS), and other
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and Rails APIs
- Experience building real-time web applications.
- Knowledge of AWS
- Experience working with Agile teams
- Competitive Salary
Health Coverage (medical, dental, vision, and telemdicine plans that fit you and your families needs.
401(k) with employer match
- Fully company-covered life insurance policy
- Up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Customized Workspace including Mac or PC, a sitting or standing desk, a yoga ball or ergonomic chair, your office your way.
- Small team environment with large-team resources.
- Office Labradoodle