Sr Backend Web Developer Flex
Flex | San Francisco
Flex Job Description
The Sr. Back-End Web Developer will be based in San Francisco, CA. The Sr. Back-End Web Developer will be an integral part of our new Wearable Technology Group with Flex and will be responsible for helping the top brands in the world participate in the growing wearables product category.
We’re looking for an energetic and passionate developer that is start-up oriented, highly self-motivated and enjoys collaborating across disciplines including QA, Design and Product Management.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Develop the elegant fast and intuitive code that powers our web, mobile and device experiences.
- Work with engineers and designers to define, prototype, and build the data pipeline that powers product experiences for many kinds of users.
- Create the information pipeline for advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence systems.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- 5+ years in a server-side software engineering environment required
- Thrill from behavior and test driven development in PhantomJS, Jasmine, and Mocha
- Willingness to bend (and make) the rules to keep things fast and simple
- Prior experience with AWS console management and deployment
- Interest and previous exposure to Node.js
- Interest in developing information streams using Kafka, Spark
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field of study
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers