SpaceX Jobs Internship / CO OP Spring 2019 Redmond
SpaceX | Redmond, WA 2018-08-02
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SpaceX is currently seeking talented individuals for our Internship/Co-Op Program across sixSpaceX locations. Here at SpaceX, you will obtain invaluable, hands-on technical experience that you can’t learn in a classroom. Our team will help you to roll up your sleeves and apply text book theory and lab experience to creating solutions for real aerospace challenges. The most successful candidates for SpaceX’s Internship/Co-Op Program have a history of significant contributions to hands-on, extracurricular projects in addition to a strong academic record.
INTERNSHIP/CO-OP FALL 2018 - ALL LOCATIONS
- Cape Canaveral, FL
- Hawthorne, CA
- Irvine, CA
- McGregor, TX
- Redmond, WA
- Vandenberg, CA
- Washington, D.C.
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited four-year university or college
- Business Operations or Software applicants must be currently enrolled at an accredited university or college or within 6 month post-graduation
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Hands-on experience through lab research, project teams, prior internship or work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment, accomplishing tasks with limited resources at a rapid pace
- Intermediate skill level using Windows Operations Systems
- Intermediate skill level using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be able to work full time for a minimum of 12 consecutive weeks beginning in August/September 2018
- Must pass background check with satisfactory results to SpaceX
- Candidates applying to opportunities at McGregor, Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg locations must be able to provide own transportation
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
GROUPS OFFERED BY LOCATION:
The SpaceX Redmond office was established in 2015 to develop satellites that will provide global internet access. Opportunities in Redmond range from electrical and software focused, to hardware test and manufacturing. Join the growing Redmond team as they progress on their journey of innovation and ground-breaking satellite technology.
AVIONICS (ELECTRONICS): The Avionics electrical team specifies, designs, analyzes, implements, tests, and integrates the electronics hardware for the flight computers, power converters, sensors, communication, and guidance/navigation/control subsystems for the satellite. In addition, the team is responsible for the user terminal, gateway and ground station electronics.
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING: The Satellite Development software team specifies, designs, implements and validates all the code that runs in the system during simulations, development, and in orbit. The team is responsible for the software for the vehicle, user terminals, fleet management, system security, network design and implementation, and the modem. Software engineers at SpaceX enjoy executing a mission critical role and are challenged by developing complex, high reliability code from cradle to grave.
SATELLITE DEVELOPMENT (MECHANICS): Our team delivers Spacecraft mechanical architecture, design and manufacturing for all Satellite Bus and Payload, including all design and analysis for mechanisms, thermal, reliability analysis, avionics, structural, solar array, and propulsion design. This team’s responsibilities also include manufacturing and test/qualification of all Prototypes and flight vehicles.
SATELLITE DEVELOPMENT (ASIC / RF / ANTENNA): Our ASIC/RF/Antenna team develops phased array space based and ground broadband communications solutions. They develop chips, boards, DSP firmware and antennas. The team is pushing the amount of bits that can be sent / received per m2 per $ per watt with highly efficient digital, Ku / Ka band RFIC, and RF systems solutions.
spacex jobs, spacex careers, spacex, jobs, tech jobs