SpaceX Jobs Internship / CO OP Spring 2019 D.C.
SpaceX | Washington, D.C. 2018-08-02
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SpaceX is currently seeking talented individuals for our Internship/Co-Op Program across sixSpaceX locations. Here at SpaceX, you will obtain invaluable, hands-on technical experience that you can’t learn in a classroom. Our team will help you to roll up your sleeves and apply text book theory and lab experience to creating solutions for real aerospace challenges. The most successful candidates for SpaceX’s Internship/Co-Op Program have a history of significant contributions to hands-on, extracurricular projects in addition to a strong academic record.
INTERNSHIP/CO-OP FALL 2018 - ALL LOCATIONS
- Cape Canaveral, FL
- Hawthorne, CA
- Irvine, CA
- McGregor, TX
- Redmond, WA
- Vandenberg, CA
- Washington, D.C.
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited four-year university or college
- Business Operations or Software applicants must be currently enrolled at an accredited university or college or within 6 month post-graduation
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Hands-on experience through lab research, project teams, prior internship or work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment, accomplishing tasks with limited resources at a rapid pace
- Intermediate skill level using Windows Operations Systems
- Intermediate skill level using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be able to work full time for a minimum of 12 consecutive weeks beginning in August/September 2018
- Must pass background check with satisfactory results to SpaceX
- Candidates applying to opportunities at McGregor, Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg locations must be able to provide own transportation
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
GROUPS OFFERED BY LOCATION:
Based in Washington, D.C., the SpaceX government affairs team is responsible for all regulatory, congressional, executive branch, and state advocacy efforts.
GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS: An intern on this team would be expected to prepare policy research documents, create presentation materials, attend and report back on local space policy events, and assist SpaceX staff in day-to-day functions. A strong background with detailed policy research experience is highly desired. Candidates should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a working knowledge of the federal legislative process. Majors represented are mainly: Political Science, Science & Technology Policy, Law, English
spacex jobs, spacex careers, spacex, jobs, tech jobs