Software Engineering - Backend, Frontend, UI - Internship/Co-Op (Sp 2019) Tesla Jobs
Tesla | Fremont 2018-08-23
Our cars have significant software components to them, and we update them across the whole fleet of customer cars. Besides initial work on making a new piece of hardware, we continue working on improvements over time. We care greatly about building software that stands the test of time, even as parts of the stack keeps evolving.
You will develop and validate software for Tesla’s current and future Tesla vehicles and product programs. You will work within the development team to automate testing, implement new tests, and create innovative automated test systems. You will contribute to cross-functional system architecture, software system design, and rapid prototyping.
Your application to the Software Engineering Internship will be considered for all opportunities across Autopilot Software, Toolbox, Applications and Platforms Infrastructure, Connected Systems, Diagnostics, UI, and IT Applications.
- Excellent grasp of fundamental computer science concepts.
- Experience writing and shipping customer-facing code.
- Experience developing web services that enhance the efficiency of the firmware development organization.
- Familiarity with database concepts.
- Experience working with REST APIs.
- Proficient with Java and Python programming languages.
- Experience using release management tools (Jira).
- Experience in .NET, C#, and AngularJS.
- Experience in automation using Selenium, and Continuous Integration with Jenkins.
- High standards for code quality, maintainability, and performance.
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program.
- You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on experience is a must.
- Professional and positive communication skills.
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.
- This role is available across various Tesla locations, including headquarters in Palo Alto, CA, the factory in Fremont, CA, and Gigafactory 1 in Sparks, NV – must be able to relocate for the duration of your internship
tesla careers, tesla jobs, tesla cars, tesla engineering