Software Engineer, Web UI Grammarly
Grammarly | San Francisco
Grammarly Job Description
Effective communication is hard. It requires talent, skill, and a lot of effort. Enter Grammarly, the first widely adopted AI communication assistant helping people with the substance and impact of their writing. Grammarly helps millions of people make their written communication clear, mistake-free, and effective. With a $110 million growth equity investment, Grammarly is changing the way the world communicates—enabling people to write exactly what they mean, and be fully understood. To help us reach that goal, we are looking for exceptional Software Engineers to join our team.
At Grammarly, our impact comes from a strong culture with highly engaged, highly motivated team members. We hire exceptional people and reward them with trust, autonomy, mentorship, and the freedom to grow into their roles. We’re a passionate, growing team on a mission to improve lives by improving communication. If you’re up for the challenge, we would love to meet you!
What You Will Accomplish
- Work on fun and technically challenging projects to deliver impactful apps on popular browsers.
- Build super refined, elegant user interfaces that are loved by a massive audience.
- Follow solid design and high-quality implementation practices.
- Make a difference in the lives of writers everywhere!
Talents You Bring to the Team
- You embody our E.A.G.E.R. values (Ethical, Adaptable, Gritty, Empathetic, Remarkable).
- Strong software engineering fundamentals, including knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Experience with ReactJS, AngularJS, or similar UI frameworks.
- Readiness to tackle infrastructure challenges when needed.
- Modern web client development and testing tools.
- Good understanding and practical knowledge of continuous integration/delivery methods.
- Experience with at least one non-scripting language (Java, C++, C#, or other).
- Nice to have:
- Experience with server-side programming (Node.js).
- Experience with functional programming concepts/languages.
What Grammarly Offers You
- Big goals, challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback.
- Project exposure and ownership that impacts our world, users, product, colleagues, and business.
- Health care, parental leave, and PTO plans, 401K, plus a monthly gym reimbursement.
- Delicious catered lunches and an abundance of healthy snacks.
Built by linguists and language lovers, Grammarly’s AI-powered products help people communicate more effectively. Grammarly is available in a variety of writing interfaces, including browser and desktop integrations to help users in both their personal and professional lives, whether they are communicating through email or social media, applying for jobs, or even filling out online dating profiles. It also increases productivity and efficiency for professionals in a wide range of fields, including marketing, sales, engineering, customer support, and education. Grammarly is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York and Kyiv.
The diverse experiences, ideas, and identities of Grammarly’s team members help us make better decisions and drive great results for our users. We foster an inclusive work environment that welcomes team members of all backgrounds and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we evaluate candidates based solely on talents, skills, and knowledge. Grammarly participates in E-Verify.