Software Engineer, University Graduate (2018 Start)
Google | Boulder
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
As a key member of a small and versatile team, you design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Develop scripts to automate routine tasks while also reading and reviewing others’ code to provide feedback.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to effectively solve problems.
- Mitigate reliability failures in a component or system.
- Create and support a productive and innovative team. This includes working with peers, managers, and teams.
- Take on tasks as requested, following through to completion despite roadblocks or distractions.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience or previous project assignments with Data Structures and Algorithms (i.e. selecting and implementing an algorithm, using data structures to solve a problem.) Experience creating algorithms that improve a product’s capabilities, speed, efficiency, or reliability.
- Experience with data structures, branching, function-calls, and conditionals as well as debugging code and submitting the appropriate fix.
- Graduating from a BS/MS program in Spring/Summer 2018.
- Experience manipulating code to improve system availability and latency; Experience with improving inventing or proving the value of new algorithms that improve a product's capabilities, speed, efficiency and reliability.
- Skill in isolating problems to a database subsystem.