Software Engineer Tableau Software
Tableau Software | Seattle 2018-04-19
Would you wake up eager to come to work if you knew you were going to make our customers smile with delight as you fixed sources of frustrations in our products? What if you could help our customers solve Tableau issues before they ever had to call support? What if you could create features that enable other Tableau developers to make a more supportable product right from the get go? If doing this every day interests you, read on.
Do you love the power of C++ or Java? What about developing for Windows, Mac and Linux platforms? Do you think you have a handle on React? If you said yes, then read on!
As a Software Engineer working on the Product Supportability team, you will
- Work closely with other great engineers and the product owner to design, develop, and maintain features and frameworks that make our products more friendly and supportable for customers themselves and also for our own Tech Support teams.
- Design, develop and maintain tools that we rely on to test and ensure that the quality of our features in the product are ship-ready quality all the time.
- Work in a scrum team using agile processes, and interface within your team, with the product owner, and across teams with other developers that use our features and frameworks.
- Be passionate about standards and best practices for supportability and share this passion with others across the development organization.
Who you are…
- Experienced. You are a software engineer with a minimum of 4 years' experience, and you know C++. Having Java and React experience is a plus-you'll need all three.
- Fast Learner. You'll jump right into ongoing projects while learning about our Tableau product, and then you'll quickly be able to develop and collaborate with others to ship features on your own.
- Big Thinker. You see the big picture quickly. You understand the complexities and challenges of writing code and keeping it ship-ready for a product that is supported in multiple configurations and on multiple platforms.
- Bold. You are not afraid to prototype quickly and iterate toward amazing. You know that perfect doesn't happen overnight, but you also know you have to lean in and learn and iterate toward the best you can produce in a timely manner.
- A Team Player. First and foremost you are comfortable collaborating with your colleagues at different skill levels and with different personalities and willing to learn from and teach others. You assume good intent in others and you do your part to create a positive work environment.
- Customer Focused. You work to understand your customer's needs and only then do you start to design and develop to meet their needs
- Quality Matters. You are passionate about designing, writing, and testing high quality code. You write robust, maintainable, scalable, and easily updateable software.
- You are a Recruiter. Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.