Software Engineer - Search
Rover.com | Seattle
We believe in the unconditional love of dogs, and Rover exists to make it possible for everyone to experience this love in their lives. We are leveraging technology to turn our vision into reality and Search is the engine that is pushing the Rover marketplace further.
The Search team is faced with a lot of unique and challenging problems and our work can significantly impact the success of the business. Rover is serving millions of search requests a month, and the Search team owns everything including infrastructure, ranking and user experience. We are constantly obsessed with making the engine run smoothly and more efficiently.
If you're passionate about working on search algorithms and interested in making a significant impact on the Rover business outcomes, this is team is for you.
- 4+ years as a professional software engineer
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Excellent test automation skills
- Experience building large, high-scale web applications
- Professional experience with one or more of the following: search engines, search algorithms, statistical modeling or machine learning
- Major plus: formal education in mathematics, statistics or similar fields
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable, supportable solutions
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline, automated testing and deployment. Our engineers just merge their branch and it ships.
- We're serious about the quality of our production operation, and have thorough system, application and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- We're thoughtful and focused on decision-making with split testing
- Our teams are integrated team with developers, product managers and designers working side-by-side.
- And, dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
Why we'll hire you:
- You're qualified for the position and your values align with Rover's Core Values
- You get along well with others and thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- You're eager to learn and improve your craft as a software engineer
- You're able to take loose requirements, work with others to figure out what needs to be done, and drive a project forward
- You can be your own QA team
- You have the intuition for when to call it "good enough" and ship, and when to put in the extra time to polish
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- We offer competitive compensation including stock options.
- You'll receive a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance and a 401k.
- Our office is located convenient to public transportation and we offer paid commuter benefits.
- You can bring your dog to work, and if you don't have a dog we'll contribute $1000 toward adopting a dog.
- You get extra PTO if you are a dog sitter on Rover.
- Company paid Orca card.
- Of course, we have stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs), plus an all-team catered lunch on Tuesdays.
- Finally, we have an active social calendar with regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more.
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation's largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine's 2015 Tech Impact Awards. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway) we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.