Software Engineer, Product
Energy Efficient Equity | Los Angeles
About Energy Efficient Equity
Energy Efficient Equity (E3) provides financing to residential and commercial property owners for use on their energy efficient remodels, installations and upgrades. For example, we finance water efficiency products, solar products, HVAC upgrades and a lot more. We provide this financing through an investment vehicle known as Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE).
We’re building out the data, infrastructure, tools, and applications to support our business and having fun doing it. You'll help design and develop the applications we use to take applications, approve them, pay contractors, issue bonds and much more.
We’re just getting started at E3 and you’ll have the opportunity to help define the engineering culture and technology we use.
Things you might work on
- You will build applications our underwriters use to approve loan applications. For example, fetching credit and lien reports and extracting this data for underwriters to make quick decisions.
- Building maps and tools contractors use to identify property owners that are likely to apply for financing and what the property owners pre-approval amounts would be.
- Writing tools to issue bonds containing our financed assessments.
Relevant Experience to us
- Working knowledge of SQL & Relational Databases (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Full stack experience with strong systems fundamentals
- Proficient with modern front-end engineering (Angular or React)
- Strong grasp of HTML, CSS and related web technologies.
- You believe in automation, testing and instrumentation and have demonstrated it throughout your career
- 3+ years of full time industry experience
- You are an excellent communicator with desire to share and learn
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in Finance or Real Estate industries
- Excellent Compensation
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Stock Options
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.