Software Engineer Intern, Tracking (PhD University Student) Facebook Jobs
Facebook | Menlo Park 2018-09-29
Great virtual reality technology depends on advances in computer vision and machine learning. As an intern at Oculus, you will get an opportunity to make an impact on one of our most exciting and challenging efforts aimed at providing immersive human presence and interaction. You will apply advanced computer vision and sensor fusion techniques to solve problems at the forefront of virtual reality. The ideal candidate is pursuing a PhD in computer vision, sensor fusion, or robotics and is passionate about enhancing the user experience in virtual reality.
- Research, develop, and implement a certain concept/module/capability related to tracking a user in virtual reality
- Collaboration with and support of other engineers across various disciplines
- Communication of research project agenda, projects and results
- In the process of obtaining a PhD degree in the field of Computer Vision or Robotics
- Currently enrolled in a full-time PhD program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- Must be available for a 12 week internship between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019.
- 3+ years experience with systems building in C++
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
- Proven track record of achieving significant results
- Able to obtain work authorization in the United States between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. GitHub)
- Experience with SLAM and visual-inertial navigation, 3D reconstruction, numerical optimization, OpenCV, mobile applications, and machine learning
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.