Software Engineer Intern, Face Tracking (PhD University Grad) Facebook Jobs
Facebook | Menlo Park 2018-09-29
Great virtual reality technology depends on advances in computer vision and machine learning. As an intern at Oculus, you will get an opportunity to make an impact on one of our most exciting and challenging efforts aimed at providing immersive human presence and interaction. You will apply advanced computer vision and machine learning techniques to solve problems at the forefront of virtual reality. The ideal candidate is pursuing a PhD in computer vision, machine learning, or graphics and is passionate about enhancing the user experience in virtual reality.
- Investigate, design and implement a certain concept/module/capability related to providing human presence and interaction
- Develop tools, scripts and tests to support your project
- Collaborate with and support other engineers across various disciplines
- Document and present your progress and project
- Pursuing a PhD in the field of computer vision, machine learning, computer graphics, or robotics
- Must be currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- Must be available for 12 week internship between January 1st, 2019 and December 31st, 2019.
- 2+ years experience with systems building in C++
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
- Proven track record of achieving significant results
- Must have the ability to obtain work authorization in the United States at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. Github)
- Experience with articulated object modeling and tracking (e.g. hands, body), pose understanding, 3D reconstruction, face tracking, or numerical optimization
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.