Software Engineer Hotwire
Hotwire | San Francisco
The selected candidate will be part of a team that builds and supports custom, enterprise-wide, Web-based applications for our clients. In this position, the candidate will experience the full lifecycle of application development in an energetic and professional team environment.
The primary function of this position is to design, build, deploy, and support enterprise-wide, Web-based applications for our global clients by performing the following duties:
- Design, code, and implement new systems using a variety of technologies.
- Implement bug fixes and enhancements on existing systems.
- Ensure system quality by performing unit and full system testing.
- Provide user support as needed.
- Document system requirements as needed.
What You'll Need
To succeed in this challenging role, candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Minimum 2 years development experience utilizing Java/J2EE or C#/.NET
- Experience with one or more RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Experience or exposure to any of the following is a plus: .NET, Apache Tomcat, Hibernate, Struts, Spring, Velocity, Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services, Linux, Liferay, Microsoft SharePoint
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Ability to support existing systems and interact with end users
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Who You Are
- Driven learner who loves researching new technologies
- Well educated and experienced technologist who can function throughout the entire technical stack
- Business minded professional who understands how to transform business needs into technical solutions
- Collaborative Engineer who is able to work independently or as part of a small team
- Strong verbal and written communicator with the ability to interface directly with clients
How to reach us:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
- Software Development: 5 years