Software Engineer (FrontEnd/FullStack) ebay
ebay | San Jose 2018-05-21
The multi-functional eBay Advertising team consists of Software engineers, QA engineers, Designers, and Product Managers. The software engineer will work and collaborate closely with all functions within the team to get exposure to all parts of business. We are looking for a smart, highly motivated, out of the box thinker that is also a great teammate with excellent communication skills.
- You will be building high availability, scalable user facing applications and RESTful APIs. You will be proficient in guiding and leading by example, and mentoring both junior and senior engineers.
- Our developers decide the right tool for the job, so you should want to do this too. We have a lot of fun discussing the merits of different technology and we want you to join and lead these conversations.
- You will build systems which are test-driven, having well-written code, having delightful user experiences in the automatically tested, continuously deployed environments.
- Be part of a cross-functional team working in an Agile environment with short release cycles.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field plus 5 years work experience or MS with 3 years of relevant experience
- Development experience in web based applications. Experience working with frameworks such as Spring MVC is expected.
- Knowledgeable in core CS concepts such as common data structures and algorithms.
- Private github repos, where you have developed side projects, and open source repositories that you have contributed to, is a plus
- Proven experience developing in Scala/Python and working with Hadoop and related tools is a plus