Software Engineer, Experiences Airbnb Careers
Airbnb | Los Angeles 2018-12-03
Airbnb Experiences are handcrafted activities designed and led by local experts. They go beyond typical tours or classes by immersing guests in each host’s unique world. It’s an opportunity for anyone to share their hobbies, skills, or expertise without needing an extra room. Experience hosts give travelers unprecedented access and deep insights to places and passions in their city.
We launched Experiences in November 2016 with the ambitious goal of taking Airbnb from an accommodations business to an end to end travel platform. Since then, the Experiences team has been growing the new product exponentially, helping our hosts build new businesses and our guests experience travel in completely new ways. In the past year, we’ve seen a wide variety of Experiences succeed, everything from cooking in the Tuscany Countryside to flying a plane over Los Angeles to a Wolf Encounter. To further improve the level of access Experiences provides, we’re investing deeply in new categories of Experiences like Concerts and Social Impact that may be difficult to incubate organically on their own. We’re creating a new Category Expansion team to drive dedicated product and engineering work to build a platform to ensure our next 10+ categories of Experiences are successful.
We’ve already seen tremendous growth, but we are still very early in our journey. We’re looking for engineers who are passionate about building new products, creatively growing new businesses, and architecting platform features used across many categories. If you’re interested in making significant impact on our product and are passionate about growing the next 10+ categories of Experiences, this team is for you.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience in engineering
- We’re looking for:
- Fullstack engineers (React, CSS, Ruby/Python)
- Backend engineers (experience building systems in Java or C++ preferred)
- iOS and Android engineers
The Experiences Category Expansion team is responsible for:
- Creating supply side tools to help improve acquisition of unique category supply
- Building platform solutions to enable the bookings growth of our first four categories and next 10+ categories. This includes customizing search, listing page, booking flow, paid growth, email marketing, and more.
- Creating new distribution channels to create new demand strategies catering to unique category audiences. This will include improved personalization on platform and integrating with external partners.
- Building the technical foundation to support our next 10+ categories of Experiences
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...