Software Engineer $150-$250K
FertilityIQ | San Francisco 2018-08-07
We’re looking for a senior developer in San Francisco. FertilityIQ is a resource that 70% of US fertility patients rely upon to navigate the world of fertility treatments. FertilityIQ was started out of a personal need -- as fertility patients, we were frustrated by the lack of credible information and data available. FertilityIQ initially started as a tool for us to find our third doctor and get the care we needed. Today FertilityIQ is the hub where nearly all US patients go to learn about treatments, costs, caregivers and to find others like them during an arduous, costly, and emotional process.
We are committed to building products that help make it possible for people to build families, and we take the responsibility seriously. We’re well-funded and take a patient approach -- you’ll have the time and resources to build products you’re proud of.
We believe that the best work happens when one is fresh -- with that in mind, we plan on supporting you in your life outside of work, and expect you to work 40 hours per week.
We offer above-market compensation.
More About You…
You’re a senior developer with 5 or more years of professional experience. You’re genuinely excited to work on a product that meaningfully changes families’ lives. You’ll enjoy being responsible for thinking strategically about our architecture and long-term direction. You know how to carve big problems into small pieces that can actually get done and you know which problems to avoid because the value proposition just doesn't add up. You also...
- Are curious about other languages and platforms, including mobile (native and React Native)
- Are excellent at communicating product development process details
- Can solve complicated technical challenges -- you identify risks early and ensure they are addressed before they become actual problems
- Enjoy being given goals and finding ways to achieve them
- Have strong collaboration skills, including the ability to receive and deliver constructive feedback, as well as the occasional pair programming session
- Value Agile XP Practices (Iterative development, Refactoring, TDD/BDD, CI/CD, ...)
You’ll be able to grow and learn by working with the talented developers at Carbon Five -- they have built our product so far, and they’ll continue to work with us in developing great products.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $150,000.00 to $250,000.00 /year
- Software Development: 5 years
Required work authorization:
- United States