Software Developer, Video Technology TMobile
TMobile | Denver 2018-05-21
This position will be a member of the team responsible for the design, development and implementation of the infrastructure support system for all of Video Technology. This position will design and develop operational support systems, used by multiple teams through the company to control and instrument the video encoding and packaging system. Additionally, this team member will work under the direction of the principal developer for the Cloud DVR system and other tools.
STUFF WE'LLTRUST YOU WITH
STUFF WE'LLTRUST YOU WITH
- Knowledge of video pipelines, including reception, encoding, and packaging in HLS and DASH format
- Ability to write software to interact with external devices.
- Ability to write web applications in one of Angular, React, Vue.js, or other modern web frameworks.
- System development, configuration and deployment of HTTP and Proxy Servers such as Apache Traffic Server, Nginx, Varnish, Squid, etc.
- Understanding of content delivery networks and operational support systems.
- Understanding of microservices, with Docker deployments and Kubernetes or Swarm orchestration systems.
- Implement industry leading standards around software development and participate on an agile software team.
- Assist with writing formal requirements and specifications documents; drive vendors to develop, integrate and test hardware/software; building and documenting solutions.
- Maintains communication of project statuses and drives for continued improvement in quality and availability of each the systems and product.
- Work jointly with the Product and Technology development teams to innovate, integrate and identify/resolve issues.
- Design product instrumentation and test automation.
STUFF YOU TELLPEOPLE AT PARTIES
- Experience in high level languages such as Go, node.js, Java, or C#.
- Knowledge of adaptive bitrate video, including HLS and MPEG-DASH.
- Experience working with JSON and XML, web service tools including SOAP and REST, as well as WebSockets.
- Understanding of cloud and object storage, including S3.
- Experience with development and integration of HTTP Server and Proxy technologies such as HAProxy, Apache Traffic Server, Nginx, Varnish, Squid, etc.
- Experience with agile software development practices.
- Knowledge of network technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, HTTP/2.
- Experience with development and support of large scale production systems working within a 24x7 operations environment.
- Experience with rapid development and deployment environments that practice continuous integration and development, Agile software development methodologies.
- Ability to work independently but also within a team environment including being technical lead.
- Creative problem-solving skills while working in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to handle several tasks, be organized, make decisions, and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience.