Software Developer - Entry Level Auto-Owners Insurance
Auto-Owners Insurance | Traverse City MI 2018-09-11
Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated insurance carrier, is seeking a motivated individual to join our IT Division as a COBOL Software Developer. Responsibilities include developing, maintaining, and supporting software applications for new and existing systems. The position requires the person to:
- Define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain software programs and applications.
- Actively participate in code/design reviews as well as brainstorming sessions.
- Develop program and system documentation.
- Analyze and fix software errors in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Consult with users, architects, project leaders, and management to resolve problems and suggest alternatives.
- Please note: Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. without a sponsorship.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Math, Economics, or another logic-based field, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of COBOL, DB2, databases, or SQL is a plus
- Enthusiasm for driving improvement by finding and implementing solutions to new challenges.
- Must be able to learn and effectively use tools and software development techniques as practiced, acquired, or adopted within the IT Division.
Competitive salary, matching 401(k) retirement plan, fully-funded pension plan, bonus programs, paid holidays, vacation days, personal time, paid sick leave, and a comprehensive health care plan.
Auto-Owners Insurance is a mutual insurance company made up of five property and casualty companies and one life/health/annuity insurer. Established in 1916 and headquartered in Lansing, Michigan, we currently operate in 26 states. Our written premium is nearly $6 billion, and we are proud to have been ranked among the Fortune 500 every year since 2002. Auto-Owners continues to be recognized for exceptional financial strength and stability among the nation’s largest insurers. We partner with independent agencies that sell our products and are consistently acknowledged for our superior customer service to our agents and our policyholders.
Auto-Owners offers a wide range of career opportunities, and we are seeking talent that will help us continue our long tradition of success. We offer a friendly work environment, structured training program, employee mentoring, and an excellent compensation/benefits package. Along with a competitive base salary, matched 401(k), fully funded pension plan (once vested), and bonus programs, Auto-Owners is also committed to a work/life balance and provides generous paid time off including holidays, vacation days, personal time, and sick leave. If you’re looking to do rewarding work alongside great people, Auto-Owners is the place for you!