Skillz | San Francisco
Today, people spend more time playing video games than they do playing all physical sports, and eSports are poised to become bigger than the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL combined. Skillz provides the technology that powers an eSports industry forecast to exceed $5 billion in annual revenue by 2020.
As the eSports provider for over 3,000 game studios, Skillz enables any mobile game to be turned into a competitive eSport that can also be broadcast on major streaming sites like Twitch and YouTube. We do this by integrating our unique layer of code directly into the mobile app, which activates our end-to-end tournament administration and other important features like player matching, anti-cheating mechanisms, customer support and a built-in loyalty program. Skillz accounts for more than 30% of eSports prizes, and we’ve already hosted more than 100 million tournaments for 10 million players in over 180 countries.
We’ve raised over $28 million in funding from well-known venture capital firms as well as major sports team owners from the NFL, NBA and MLB. In our quest to make gaming better for players and developers, we’re looking for savvy, passionate and hardworking teammates to help us build the future of sports. If you’re excited about defining a multibillion dollar industry, building an awesome product, or working with bleeding edge technology, Skillz just might be for you!
We are true believers in electronic sports, so don’t be surprised if you see us playing mobile games at our desks or in the kitchen. At Skillz, this type of behavior is encouraged! You can also catch us at our weekly game nights playing anything from Starcraft to Cranium over dinner, while discussing new technologies or brainstorming ideas to improve our business.
Not a “gamer”? Don’t worry about it. Every Skillzian brings a unique perspective to the team, and we bond over plenty of activities that don’t involve games. We’re working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission. As the creators and leaders of a new marketplace, we work with a “do whatever it takes” mentality, and frankly, we get the job done!
Our team is comprised of passionate, intelligent and creative individuals who consistently seek out new challenges and knowledge. We embrace out-of-the-box strategies to propel our business forward, and foster a culture where every person’s voice is heard. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of funding, building and selling successful enterprises. If you're up for the challenge, we’d love to meet you.
Who we're looking for:
You are a highly-organized, enthusiastic project manager with exceptional communication skills and a demonstrable talent for project management. The act of planning excites you; organization and efficiency make you squeal with glee. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, always follows-up, and enjoys working within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
What You'll Do:
- Manage project timelines, expectations, milestones, and deliverables
- Contribute to the creation of project plans, documentation, and requirements for projects
- Act as a key contact and communication facilitation between internal departments
- Coordinate and follow-up on tasks and assignments within the product and engineering teams
- Develop processes and best practices for project management and execution
- Collaborate with teammates who care about building great products as much as you do
- Help us evolve the world's first mobile tournament platform for iOS/Android game development studios
- 2+ years of work experience in project management roles
- Four year degree (or a great reason why you don't have one)
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and execute within a high-pressure environment
- Adaptable to changing project requirements and business needs
- Capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to motivate, encourage, persuade, increase cooperation and reduce tension among team members
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Previous experience with Gantt charts, MS Project, or other project management tools