Senior Web Developer UCSF
UCSF | San Francisco
More than ever, people interact with UCSF through our web sites.
Ensuring online experiences are available to all, easier to use, and more intuitive by improving UCSF’s digital presence is what this job is all about. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team of UCSF website creators that will offer a suite of services including strategy, development and design.
As a Senior Web Developer
• Develop Themes for UCSF’s flagship sites, and many other UCSF web Properties
• Build reusable code libraries and tools that will be used on open source projects
• Collaborate with developers across the UC system to develop new shared software
• Work with other UC Information Technology (IT) partners to develop excellent digital experiences for UCSF Patients, Faculty, Students and Staff.
You will be the go to person on campus for front experience and user centered Design. You will be familiar with accessibility standards (WCAG 2.0) as well as cutting edge technical standards (HTML 5, ECMA 6, etc.). Colleagues across the campus will rely on you to create amazing websites and rely on your expertise to meet their business needs.
This successful candidate is detail-oriented with an ability to maintain high standards of accuracy and precision under deadline pressure, excellent judgment, creativity, ingenuity, persistence, an ability to actively participate in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team environment, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please Note: These are full time one year contract positions starting from the date of hire (two openings available).
This position works in the Information Technology (IT) Department of UCSF. Supporting UCSF's complex business and mission needs requires a broad set of skills and services that UCSF IT provides for the campus community.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and 5-10 years relevant experience and / or equivalent experience / training
• Five or more years programming experience
• Three or more years using version control software
• One year experience in create test plans and scripts
• Advanced experience with identification and use of code libraries and open-source forums
• Excellent project leadership and management skills
• Demonstrated ability to understand functional needs and how systems can support those needs. Demonstrated ability to develop conversion and system implementation plans
• Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated complex problem- solving skills
• Acquia Certified Developer
• Three or more years Linux system administration
• Three or more Apache administration experience
• Three or more years Drupal experience
• Advanced experience with planning for deployment and creation of feedback mechanisms
• Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization