Twitch | San Francisco
If you are passionate about media, streaming, or obsessed about performance and want to participate in creating the best video playback system out there then this position is for you. You will work with an extremely talented and accomplished team in the video space and will be building a major component of a video pipeline that scales to the highest live video traffic currently. You will gain an in-depth knowledge on and end to end live video streaming platform.
- Develop our video playback experience in JS and HTML5 on several platforms including the Desktop, Mobile, Chromecast and TV platforms
- Work with the rest of the Product Engineering team to design APIs that support multiple different platforms effectively
- Collaborate with and provide feedback to backend teams responsible for the APIs and other services supporting video playback
- Keep abreast of current technologies and recent developments in web based media technologies
- Participate in the decision making process
- Challenge conventional solutions and wisdom
- 4+ years of professional software development or equivalent expertise.
- Familiarity with video streaming technologies ( HLS, DASH) or codecs such as H.264
- Experience with either EME ( Encrypted Media Extensions ) or MSE ( Media Source Extensions )
- Experience with Object oriented design
- Good communication skills, and able to clearly articulate complex problems and solutions.
- Experience with DASH.js, Video.js, or HLS.js SDKs
- Experience with Media Source Extensions ( MSE ) is a huge plus
- Experience working on hardware performance with GPU or any platform
- Experience building cross-platform libraries/SDKs and shipping successful software products
- Experience with network protocols.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.