Senior Software Engineer - Front End ESPN
ESPN | Los Angeles
ESPN Job Description
As a Senior Software Engineer focused on front-end engineering at ESPN, you will help build and maintain complex web applications that are enjoyed by fans across the globe.
- Have the curiosity to research and learn new technologies
- Employ positive thinking and are able to work constructively in a diverse team setting
- Are passionate about web development
- Demonstrate determination in finding solutions to complex puzzles
- Value learning and being exposed to new experiences
- Enjoy watching or playing sports
- Love working in a startup culture
then working at ESPN is unlike anything else. We have the latest technology, game-changing ideas, and world-class talent. Come be a part of our team and help us find new ways to interact with sports fans, however and wherever they connect with sports.
- Mentor and provide feedback to other engineers
- Establish best practices to continually increase performance and scalability
- Prototype new features and research applicable technologies
- Evangelize and productionalize the use of new technologies
- Review code and pull requests to ensure architectural standards are maintained
- Partner with product to help define ESPN’s digital roadmap
- Work with other engineering teams to deliver best solutions
- Minimum 6 years relevant industry experience or 3 years of experience in a specialized area.
- Demonstrated mastery of front-end web development technologies and principles
- Proven ability to research and learn new technologies
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.