Senior Software Engineer - Front End ESPN
ESPN | Los Angeles
ESPN Job Description
As a Senior Software Engineer focused on front-end engineering at ESPN, you will help build and maintain complex web applications that are enjoyed by fans across the globe.
- Have the curiosity to research and learn new technologies
- Employ positive thinking and are able to work constructively in a diverse team setting
- Are passionate about web development
- Demonstrate determination in finding solutions to complex puzzles
- Value learning and being exposed to new experiences
- Enjoy watching or playing sports
- Love working in a startup culture
then working at ESPN is unlike anything else. We have the latest technology, game-changing ideas, and world-class talent. Come be a part of our team and help us find new ways to interact with sports fans, however and wherever they connect with sports.
- Mentor and provide feedback to other engineers
- Establish best practices to continually increase performance and scalability
- Prototype new features and research applicable technologies
- Evangelize and productionalize the use of new technologies
- Review code and pull requests to ensure architectural standards are maintained
- Partner with product to help define ESPN’s digital roadmap
- Work with other engineering teams to deliver best solutions
- Minimum 6 years relevant industry experience or 3 years of experience in a specialized area.
- Demonstrated mastery of front-end web development technologies and principles
- Proven ability to research and learn new technologies
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent.