Senior Software Engineer - Dog Walking
Rover.com | Seattle
Rover.com is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for working with our Technology and Product Management teams to grow and expand Rover's dog walking business.
This is a customer-focused role that works with the Product Management, Design and Usability Research teams to understand the needs, attitudes and behaviors of dog walking customers and providers, and to drive changes to our user experience to delight them. Engineers who enjoy the satisfaction of creating effective and delightful user-experiences with measurable impact will enjoy this role immensely.
- 6+ years as a professional software developer
- (3+ years working with Django and Python) OR (3+ years working with Ruby on Rails AND 3+ years working with any other programming language)
- Excellent TDD and test automation skills
- Experience working in a continuous integration and continuous deployment environment
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable, supportable solutions
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline, automated testing and deployment. Our engineers just merge their branch and it ships.
- We're serious about the quality of our production operation, and have thorough system, application and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- We're thoughtful and focused on decision-making with split testing
- Our teams are integrated team with developers, product managers and designers working side-by-side.
- And, dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
Why we'll hire you:
- You're qualified for the position and your values align with Rover's Core Values
- You get along well with others and thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- You're eager to learn and improve your craft as a software engineer
- You're able to take loose requirements, work with others to figure out what needs to be done, and drive a project forward
- You can be your own QA team
- You have the intuition for when to call it "good enough" and ship, and when to put in the extra time to polish
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- We offer competitive compensation including stock options.
- You'll receive a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance and a 401k.
- Our office is located convenient to public transportation and we offer paid commuter benefits.
- You can bring your dog to work, and if you don't have a dog we'll contribute $1000 toward adopting a dog.
- You get extra PTO if you are a dog sitter on Rover.
- Of course, we have stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs), plus an all-team catered lunch on Tuesdays.
- Finally, we have an active social calendar with regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more.
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation's largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine's 2015 Tech Impact Awards. We love dogs and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.