Senior Product Manager $100-$130k
Cratejoy | Austin
Cratejoy is looking for a product leader to join our awesome product management team. Specifically we want you to own the expansion of our B2B Merchant Platform. The Merchant platform forms the core of our Marketplace offering, and is the place that Merchants run all aspects of their business from. You'll be in charge of maintaining and expanding the offering in a way that hits our merchants needs, and helps us deliver on our long term vision. You will be a merchant advocate - working closely with our merchant base to figure out what their biggest pain points are and how to solve them.
You'll be using a combination of data aggregated by working with the customer success team, qualitative feedback provided by the merchants, and product roadmap strategy as determined working with the rest of the product team.
Product management is the most strategic and leveraged team at Cratejoy. The decisions they make, while working with the engineering team, have immediate impact to our thousands of merchants and millions of subscribers. Literally our merchants are in a Facebook group together discussing the changes you make, so the feedback loop to your users is incredibly tight. Tighter than we've ever seen at a b2b organization. You'll be in a position to dramatically impact a business and literally millions of other people's lives with the work you do.
Stuff you'll be doing
- Research and mockup new user facing functionality (new apps for the app store, adding features to our shipping page, etc)
- Work with the operations team to make our existing functionality easier to use (go through support tickets to see what the pain points are and figure out if we can fix them with UI)
- Work closely with the design team to transform rough mocks into beautiful features
- User test new features
- Develop close relationships with the engineers and work together to build really great features
We take product very seriously
- We test new big features as a company and give feedback to the engineer, product manager and designer working on it
- We build together - anyone can have a great product idea from the Account Manager to the Designer - there is no room for ego's here
- We iterate and user test quickly (read all about it here https://medium.com/@alykumpula/how-to-hack-user-testing-469bac110090)
- The whole team works towards quarterly product goals. We put them up on the walls and repeat them in team meetings
- We're obsessive about metrics. We have 4 giant TV's with metrics that update in real time for the whole team to watch
- Everyone is involved in the product success. The engineer that build the Referral Program watches how many installs it has and if there are any errors - seriously - we're all crazy
What does it take to get this job
- Experience in product for a SaaS platform
- B2B Product Management experience
- Experience in e-commerce is a plus
- You've built new features from beginning to end and watched it's success with data
- You've worked with a team before, ideally cross-functional and in a leadership role
- Data driven product - you know how many people have clicked on different parts of the platform and where the biggest drop-off point in the on-boarding funnel is
- Self-sufficient. You're comfortable using SQL to figure out basic stats yourself
- $100-$130k + Equity
- Full benefits + Retirement
Who we want to work with
We want to work with people who want to work at Cratejoy, not just people who are looking for their next job. They specifically have sought out Cratejoy, they understand what our company does and they feel some sort of affinity with the mission. They are hungry for knowledge and are looking to be challenged in new ways, perhaps they even aspire to start their own business one day - or maybe they already have and now they want to know how to start a high impact business next time. They obviously care about compensation but they aren’t just looking for the next higher title and a little pay bump from their current job. They are leaving their current company after making some sort of impact, rather than because they just seem to leave jobs every 18 months once they realize it wasn’t as exciting as they thought it would be.
They seem to be aware of who they are as a person, including their own weaknesses, and want the sort of direct feedback and coaching it takes to grow their skillset, into a better team member, and even into a better person. In general people they worked with in the past would say that they are the type of person that “seems to make everything a little bit better” and that adding them to any conversation made the conversation more interesting, rather than more frustrating.
They respect their peers and want to learn more from those around them, and they give people the benefit of the doubt. They don’t rush to condemn people and they don’t quietly judge, they seek to help their peers be their best. They don’t like to assign blame, but if they were to assign blame they’d be just as likely to assign it to themselves as anyone else.
They are hard working when they have a mission, but they aren’t just aimlessly working tons of hours for no particular reason. They care a lot about what it is that they are doing, and they don’t just blindly follow direction. They want and need to understand how their work connects with the mission of the company and once they do they take it on as their own mission in life. When looking to solve problems they are willing to go outside themselves, but only after doing the diligence necessary. They don’t like to waste anyone's time - least of all their own.
They are quick to admit mistakes, and they don’t let ego leave them on the wrong side of an issue for very long (or very often). In their area of primary skillset they are very strong in it. They may have other weaknesses, which is okay as long as they are aware of them, but there is at least one or two things at which they are indisputably A+.
Cratejoy is the one-stop destination for all things subscription box. Where you subscribe to what you love, and sell what you’re passionate about.
We’re a Y Combinator and Capital Factory company and have raised a series A from CRV in California We’re very well funded and have been growing at a staggering rate every single month since launch. Cratejoy’s growth is rocket ship fast, and we’d love for you to be a big part of it.
Our aim is to make subscription as accessible as ebay or etsy make ecommerce today. Our vision is to bring the best business model in the universe to everyone on the planet.
There’s 3 pieces to that vision:
The first was our subscription commerce platform. Our seller tools. There was no consensus for how to run a subscription business. We had to design those tools and build them. We had to do it in a way that is accessible to average online merchant. If they were savvy enough to run an etsy store they should be more than savvy enough to run a cratejoy subscription.
The next piece was education. There really were no resources that taught merchants how to run a subscription business. We built subscription school which is a free education site we run. Our team has deep subscription commerce expertise. We write articles, post videos and host webinars to teach people how to run subscription businesses. We created a forum which puts merchants in an community where they support each other and learn together. In the space of a year we’ve become the unrivaled thought leaders inside of subscription commerce.
Finally, we’ve built the marketplace. This is a consumer destination site that sells subscriptions. Consumers arrive at Cratejoy and subscribe to our merchants. We cross-sell additional subscriptions to them. This is the piece that we wanted to get to. By creating the platform we were aggregating supply for the marketplace. The marketplace is the demand side of the equation. And the whole is bigger than the sum of the parts, these all tie back together to build the virtuous cycle that is the Cratejoy ecosystem.
How much have you raised? $11M in VC from the best investors in the world
Do you have revenue? Many millions of dollars, yes.
How big is the team? 45 people
Where is the office? Downtown at the corner of 8th and Brazos in beautiful Austin, TX
Is there 100% paid medical/dental/life insurance? Yep!
How about equity in a venture backed fast growing pre-IPO startup? Yep, you betcha.
Is there paid sick leave & vacation? Yes, obviously!
How about a reserved parking spot in our downtown office? Oh yeah!
Do I get catered meals? Yep - lunch, and sometimes breakfast & dinner.
Can I bring my significant other to company events? Definitely - we do!