Senior Full Stack Software Engineer TokBox
San FranciscoAPPLY FOR JOB
TokBox Job Description
TokBox is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to develop internal and customer-facing applications that improve the developer’s experience with the OpenTok platform. You will work with the TokBox Product Management team to map business requirements to technical requirements, architect and design solutions, and lead the development of software solutions. Your success will come from mastering the OpenTok platform APIs and using that knowledge to provide solutions to our customer’s most difficult problems.
- Establish software development methods for the team that are consistent with other engineering practices at the company.
- Design and build internal and customer-facing tools that provide visibility to platform data and help customers develop and operate effective and successful applications.
- Mentor other engineers to help them improve their software technical skills and development methods.
- Be a champion of developer experience by using your knowledge of customer struggles to define and build applications that help customers and internal teams address them.
- Develop mobile and web sample code and proof of concept applications to demonstrate the best methods for developing OpenTok applications.
- Become accomplished with data analysis tools so that you can visualize application performance and automate problem solving.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Your BS or MS degree is in Computer Science or a related technical field
- You have been developing software as a full stack developer for 5-7 years.
- Your work history demonstrates development experience with server side technologies (Node, Java, C++ etc.).
- You work cross-functionally and deliver results.
- You are familiar with and practice industry standard software development methodologies.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience developing applications using platform-as-a-service SDKs and APIs
- Open source project contributions and management
- Familiarity with real-time communication technologies including: WebRTC, RTP, SIP and audio/video codecs
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools.
- Network engineering and network protocols
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.APPLY FOR JOB