Senior Full Stack Developer
Proper Cloth | New York
Proper Cloth is a startup making it incredibly easy for men to purchase quality custom shirts.
We see a future where people no longer buy clothes in standard sizes that don’t fit, or in styles they don’t love. A future where clothing is made on-demand for each individual’s shape and taste.
There aren’t many businesses like ours. We’re half technology startup and half fashion brand. We’re not venture backed. We’re profitable and growing fast. We’ve doubled in size every year since we started. We’re leaders in our category. We’re experts in our field. We have product-market-fit. We have the stability to do things right. We’re building something to last.
We have tens of thousands of satisfied customers and an excellent reputation. We've been called “Our Favorite Online Custom Shirtmaker" by GQ and “One of the most successful made-to-measure e-commerce sites” by Esquire.
We’re looking for an experienced, senior full-stack developer ready to hit the ground running. We have a long list of features and tools to implement by the end of the year and we need help to get it all done. You’ll be developing complex solutions for challenging problems. You’ll be turning wireframes and specifications into functional web pages and applications. You’ll be working with the entire Proper Cloth technology stack, including front-end customer facing features, admin tools and backend logic.
- Minimum 4-years experience developing fast, scalable software
- Experience creating scalable, performant microservices
- Experience with PHP (including server-side templating), Ruby on Rails or similar language
- Strong HTML and CSS skills, with an understanding of front-end build tools.
- Strong JS skills and a deep understanding of JS design patterns and frameworks
- Experience building responsive user-interfaces for desktop and mobile
- Experience with Github
- Thorough understanding of architecture based tradeoffs
- Passion for web technologies and keeping up-to-date with new tools and techniques
- Passion for site performance
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment as a key contributor
- Experience as a technical team lead
- Experience working on a large ecommerce site
- Experience building and digesting APIs
- Experience with modern JS frameworks such as Node, React, Angular, or Vue
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium or Mocha.
- A sense for design, user experience, and an appreciation of the importance of perfecting little details
This is a full-time position. We prefer candidates based in New York, but will also consider remote candidates.