Senior Data Scientist, Personalization HelloFresh
HelloFresh | New York 2018-04-13
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years! Our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal – only three and half years after inception, we are active in nine markets, and on three continents.
We are recognized industry leaders—receiving over $300M in investor funding, as well as numerous awards for our outstanding products & service.
We are building our a Data Science team in NYC and looking for a Senior Data Scientist!!!!
At HelloFresh believe that automation and Machine Learning can take the experience we offer to the next level by marrying the right customer with the proper product at large scale, driven by technology instead of manual processes. We are actively investing in the right people, data, and infrastructure to support this vision.
Embedded in the NYC Tech Hub, we are building a cross-functional team of data scientists, analysts, and engineers with the mission to bring the modeling capabilities of our digital product organization to the next level.
HelloFresh is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to help spearhead our personalization initiative. Need a smart, result-oriented individual who can translate data insights into recommendations driving high-end business value across areas of demand customer lifecycle management, personalization, and product development. Our ideal candidate has a solid background in data science, including predictive modeling, forecasting, and validation techniques but also the business acumen needed to deliver high-value products. So, if you are passionate about finding answers in leading the development of groundbreaking products, feel invited to apply!
You will ...
- Use state-of-the-art algorithms to derive insights and guide the development of our product recommendations and personalization engines
- Untap the value of massive datasets across multiple platforms and formats (e.g. video, images, text)
- Collaborate closely with the top management and other talented data scientists, across Europe and US, to discover innovative ways of leveraging vast repositories of user-generated data
- Promote a data smart and data-aware culture within a large international organization
At a minimum, you have...
- M.S. in a quantitative discipline, such has mathematics or computer science, with 4+ years of relevant professional experience. A Ph.D. is a plus
- A comprehensive understanding of state of the art in machine learning and in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge in at least one of these fields: natural language processing, computer vision, recommender systems, computational optimization (e.g., linear programming, constraint programming)
- A proven track record of implementing data-driven products
- A proven track record of training and mentoring junior team members and collaborating in cross functional teams
- A passion for using and developing open source software and a solid programming background ideally in Python
- Sense of ownership: you take responsibility for your projects and pride in your work
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive! Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.