Sales Engineer Skillz
Skillz | San Francisco 2018-06-27
As the eSports provider for over 8,000 game developers, the Skillz platform enables any mobile game to be turned into a competitive eSport that can also be broadcast on major streaming sites like Twitch and YouTube. We do this by integrating our unique layer of code directly into a mobile app, which activates our end-to-end tournament administration and other important features like player matching, anti-cheating mechanisms, customer support and a built-in loyalty program. Using our patented technology stack, we’ve already hosted more than 500 million tournaments for 15 million players around the world.
Skillz has raised over $53 million in funding from sources including Telstra, Liberty Global, and the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets and Sacramento Kings. In our quest to make gaming better for players and developers, we’re looking for savvy, driven and enthusiastic teammates to help us build the future of sports. If you’re excited about defining a multibillion dollar industry, building an awesome product, or working with cutting-edge technology, Skillz just might be for you!
Our team is comprised of passionate, intelligent and creative individuals who consistently seek out new challenges and knowledge. We embrace out-of-the-box strategies to propel our business forward, and foster a culture where every person’s voice is heard. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of funding and building successful enterprises. If you're up for the challenge, we’d love to meet you
What you'll do:
- You'll investigate and respond to challenging issues raised by developer relations team.
- In order to foster a healthy development community, you'll create examples, video tutorials and articles for developers.
- Working closely with game developers via Zendesk, Chat, and Email, you'll help improve the Skillz ecosystem.
- You'll train under our engineering teams in iOS, Unity and Android development, while helping better our integration process.
- As your training continues, you'll have the opportunity to grow into a full time engineering role.
- You will implement your own suggestions to make a positive impact on a wide range of public APIs.
- You will work with our publisher relations and engineering teams to drive and improve our developer support process.
- As we roll out new technology, you'll be integral in educating developers.
- Building new features for our internal games.
- A strong foundation in both a static & dynamic programming languages.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly your written communication.
- You have a passion for video games.
- You can demonstrate a strong desire to grow as an engineer.
- Creative self-starter who likes working on very productive, fast-paced teams
- Experience with game engines like Unity, Corona, and UDK are a huge plus
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.