Ruby on Rails Developer Tech Firefly
Tech Firefly | San Francisco 2018-07-12
We're looking for a senior engineer experienced with the full web stack—someone who has owned production apps for many years and loves solving user-facing product problems. As a senior engineer you’ll work on all areas of the app, from front-end changes that millions of children will see, to scaling issues, to internal tools that automate our business. Engineers have a seat at the table for all decisions in the company. You’ll work alongside a strong engineering team that obsesses over customer feedback and is constantly iterating to improve based on what we hear. We release multiple updates to our website every day and implement new features days after conceiving of them. Our current stack is PostgresSQL, Heroku, Ruby on Rails.
- You love working in and have deep experience with the full web stack. From cross-browser CSS fixes to database tuning, you’re comfortable up and down the stack.
- You’re part engineer & product thinker. We know the best ideas come from a deep understanding of both domains.
- You’re uniquely excited by the problem we’re solving.
- 4+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with test-driven development
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL)
Full Time Opportunity offering;
- Competitive salary
- Equity in a high-growth company
- 401K, health care, vacation