Risk Data Scientist Wish Shopping
San FranciscoAPPLY FOR JOB
Wish Shopping Job Description
Wish is the leading mobile commerce platform in North America and Europe. Our mission is to give everyone access to the most convenient, personalized, and entertaining shopping mall in the world. With millions of products added daily, Wish offers anyone with a smartphone access to items at incredibly affordable prices. Wish is defining and building the future of mobile shopping.
The Director of Decision Analytics will be responsible for developing and building the next generation of risk analytics to protect and grow the business. Leading a team of risk analysts/data scientists, you will partner with engineering, finance, business development, customer service and operations to develop scores and strategies to improve approval rate, chargeback, and false positive.
The ideal candidate has deep analytic skills, ability to translate complex models into working code for implementation, as well as managing and mentoring a growing analytics team in a positive and can-do team environment.
- Develop and build out Wish’ risk analytics team and platform to support business growth and data informed decisions
- Develop and propose tradeoffs to understand and manage customer lifecycle value, risk exposure, and costs
- Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to improve risk detection while minimizing user friction
- Manage all risk analytics solutions from development, testing, implementations, tracking, to retirement
- Mentor other team members in data analysis, reporting, and visualization
- 10+ years experience building and managing risk analytics, 4 years supervisory preferred in financial services, e-commerce, or risk analytics
- Ability to build things from the ground up, not afraid to use data to challenge the status quo, and learn from failings to continuously improve
- Build risk models using statistical, machine learning, and big data tools
- Collaborate with engineering, operations, sales and finance, to champion use of risk data to support business growth
- Experience with R, Sas, Python, Java, C++, or similar
- PhD in either Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Physics, or Engineering
- Previous teaching, research, and journal publications preferred
APPLY FOR JOB
Wish brings together top technical talent from Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Uber, Pinterest, and Yahoo!, and is the leading mobile commerce platform in North America and Europe. Our mission is to give everyone access to the most convenient, personalized, and entertaining shopping mall in the world. With millions of products added daily, Wish offers anyone with a smartphone access to items at incredibly affordable prices. Wish is defining and building the future of mobile shopping. It’s a digital mall, right in your back pocket!
Learn more about us: