Task Rabbit | San Francisco
Each day brings more chores and less time to accomplish them. Whether someone needs a handyman, house cleaner, mover or delivery person, TaskRabbit delights clients by matching the right skilled person in minutes. With our support, our customers can accomplish it all not only today, but also on-demand to be their most productive self. On the other side of the marketplace we help our Taskers earn a living by setting their own prices, defining their working hours, and give them control to help people when and how they want in the most supportive marketplace.
We're a mission-driven company. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic and fast-paced. We're looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and having a ton of fun while they're at it.
About the Job
- Build mobile apps focused on clients and taskers
- On any given day you might help us remove friction from the hiring process or think through a schema for a new product feature
- Collaborate with design and product management to conceptualize a new product feature from the ground up
- Work alongside the junior engineers to help them think through designs, code implementation, and know how to break down their goals into actionable steps
- Comfortable working on small amount of mobile native code on iOS and Android that interfaces with the React Native application.
- Maintain and expand unit tests and code coverage
- 2+ years experience as a software engineer
- Familiar with automated testing and JS build and packaging systems like Webpack and Jest.
- Prefer to work with continuous integration and frequent, daily releases
- Know how to break problems down into actionable steps
- Knowledge of Ruby, MySQL, Redis, Rails, React, and ElasticSearch all a plus but not required
- Agile. Intelligent. Creative. Problem-solver. Startup lover. You like making things happen.
- We care about experience, not degrees. We're looking for people that can demonstrate their mastery of programming.
Benefits & Perks
In addition to working with the smartest team of entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors, TaskRabbit employees get tons of perks:
- Challenge: The opportunity for growth in a fast-paced, progressive company is yours for the taking. Game on!
- Monthly task stipend: Use the product you’re working on and outsource errands you don’t want to do
- Medical benefits: Great health coverage with dental and vision benefits, a flexible spending account 401k plans and ample PTO
- Education: A series of Lunch and Learn events (we call it “Learnch”) along with mentoring opportunities and an annual learning and development stipend for your personal use
- Office: A huge, dog-friendly SOMA loft built to accommodate collaboration, with two fully-stocked kitchens and a game room. Free lunch every day!