← Back to all remote jobs
Program Manager, Classification - Upwork
Remote Job Description
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
Upwork's Professionals Services team delivers extraordinary solutions to our most critical clients. As a Compliance Program Manager along with supporting the worker classification process, you will work as a trusted operational partner, bringing together Upwork’s expertise and thought leadership to build these compliant solutions and to solve our clients' needs. You need to excel at building internal and external relationships, and bring expertise in building and scaling programs, compliantly, with partners that align with priorities and deliver results. Come join a collaborative, dynamic team that helps grow the business with our colleagues and embodies the company's mission and values.
- Provide white glove service, internally and externally, as well as strategic consultation for compliant programs.
- Conduct worker classification and onboarding for Enterprise Clients, using independent judgement
- Complete Compliance function ownership/management of assigned accounts
- Align cross-functional teams to deliver clear, effective, and compliant services
- Present compliant solutions to diverse partner groups and engage with senior executives of mid-market, large business, and Enterprise clients.
- Partner with our award winning legal team on Compliance Services
- Work with peers and partner teams to develop solutions and deepen the value proposition of Upwork’s Compliance Services
- Lead day-to-day compliance functions of Upwork Enterprise Clients
- Be your account’s compliance authority and utilize your history and experience to educate partners and clients about the impact and expectations of a Compliance account.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Operational expertise with an advanced knowledge of the Upwork platform
- Experience with large programs, including experience working with distributed teams
- 5+ years client relationship/management experience
- 3+years or more years’ experience in a HR, Legal Compliance, or staffing client program role
- Proven customer service excellence People personSuccess and comfort in having challenging conversations
How to really knock our socks off:
- Experience with employment law and worker classification
- Pragmatic, Organized Problem Solving, and strong analytical skills
- A consistent track record of successfully handling multiple projects, Clients, and processes
- You have a keen ability to enable sales activities
- Experience working with diverse offshore talent and cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams
- You have excellent collaborative abilities across multi-functional teams and a consistent record of influencing all levels of the organization
- A high level of business insight and enthusiastic professional communication style
- You are a technology wizard
- Did we mention that we’re looking for a people person? You are able to work cross functionally with internal teams and externally with clients
- Strategic and creative thinking enables you to understand industry and customer trends and apply those insights to deliver business results
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Apply for this job