Product / UX Designer
Spredfast | Austin
As a member of the Spredfast Product Design team, you will play a key role in designing both consumer facing social experiences and enterprise social management applications. You are a software designer at heart, who appreciates that designing software is about designing for the optimal user experience.
You should have a start-up mentality, be comfortable taking smart risks, solve important problems, and be able to adapt and iterate quickly with your product team.
- Working with Product Design and Product Management you will collectively develop a strong understanding of our customer’s needs, as related to your product and the design challenge at hand.
- In collaboration with your fellow Product Designers, you will concept, design, and prototype software experiences for our customers that are intuitive and engaging.
- You will work hand in hand with Engineering to ensure designs are implemented as designed. You will ensure proper use of already designed and implemented components of the user experience and work with the broader Product Design team to extend the design language and workflow patterns, as required.
- Bachelors degree in Design / related field
- 2+ years experience designing web-based software experiences
- Solid understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices
- Portfolio of work showcasing your diverse experience at each stage in the design process
- Ability to create storyboards, sketches and prototypes to map out the desired experience
- Prototyping (we do it everyday) is an integral part of your process
- Strong visual design skills to further establish the overall design direction for our products
- Basic knowledge in front-end web technologies
- Good communication skills
- Team player – you consistently demonstrate respect for others and enjoy collaboration
- Positive attitude and a desire to learn
Nice to haves:
- User research experience
- Mobile and responsive design experience
- Hands on experience with front-end web technologies
- Design for Social Media Management software
The Perks at Spredfast
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and 401K benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Fresh, healthy lunches catered four days a week
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
Spredfast is a social software company and platform, headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in New York City, London, Madison, Wisconsin, and Sydney, that seeks to connect every company in the world with the people that they care about the most. Spredfast’s “Smart Social
” software enables companies to manage, integrate, and amplify social content across any digital touch point. With global reach, Spredfast customers have managed more than one billion social connections across 84 countries. Today, Spredfast helps more than fifty percent of Interbrand’s 2015 World’s Best Brands to create first-class social experiences.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Spredfast, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Spredfast via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Spredfast. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Spredfast as a result of the referral or through other means.
Notice to Applicants:
We reserve the right to research relevant facts about you which are public on social media platforms or other sources over the Internet. We will retain such data only as long as reasonably needed.