Product Specialist, Hardware
Google | Mountain View
Google’s Consumer Operations team is on a mission to delight the hundreds of millions of consumers who rely on our flagship products like Gmail, Android, Chrome and Google Play. We’re an operational team that focuses on delivering excellent customer care and being there for consumers when they need us most. Our team engages consumers across the globe through our online resources and communities, social outreach, and 1:1 care. We represent the voice of the consumer and work closely with cross-functional partners across Google to make our products and policies better. We're looking for people with excellent analytical and communication skills who are passionate about the consumer and helping them get the most out of Google.
Our team does more than build hardware; we integrate hardware, software, and AI to create an integrated and radically helpful experience for consumers. Our mission is to bring the best of Google to everyone. We want to demonstrate how Google's products can help solve the world's problems – from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental – and we hope to transform the hardware industry for years to come.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information—hardware. Our Consumer Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Consumer Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Represent the voice of the customer to internal stakeholders.
- Partner with product and engineering teams. Resolve issues with data and monitor key metrics.
- Drive performance and health of the product by resolving user issues. Deliver holistic reports on trends and flag top (and recurring) product issues.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Management, Engineering, Vendor Operations, Marketing, and Legal teams.
- Coordinate team workflows around troubleshooting customer issues, and prepare for upcoming launches, including user-facing documentation and content. Scale our support model by identifying and driving implementation of automated solutions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Must be able to start in Q1 2018.
- Experience interacting with product or engineering teams in program/product management, consulting, and customer support.
- Experience analyzing large data sets and summarizing trends.
- An affinity for technology
- Attention to detail with the ability to effectively multi-task and work independently.
- Excellent judgment in navigating (and resolving) sensitive situations.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)