Product Marketing Manager Tesla Careers
Tesla | Palo Alto 2018-11-09
Tesla, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, develops high-performance electric vehicles and electric powertrain technology. The mission of Tesla is to increase the efficiency and reduce the environmental impact of transportation energy use by accelerating the spread of electric vehicle technology to as many people as possible. Electric cars are only as clean as the grids that charge them, and using the same powertrain technology, Tesla has developed a business unit to address the increasing need for Tesla Energy battery systems, which allow for even higher levels of renewable generation. The suite of grid-connected battery systems developed by Tesla perform a variety of high value functions for utilities, businesses, and residential customers, and the fast-growing team is adding top team members for engineering, business, and sales.
The Tesla Energy Product team is small, committed, and fast moving. We are a group of engineers with a strong business acumen and who thrill addressing complex situations. As a member of our team, you will help to shape the success of the Powerpack business in various applications worldwide. You must have a genuine passion for engineering products that will fundamentally change the world’s energy infrastructure and must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
The Product Marketing Manager will be part of our product management team focusing on Industrial Energy Products. In this global role, he/she will:
- Drive our marketing strategy for existing and new products and services
- Partner with product leads and work cross-functionally with the broader Marketing and Communications teams to develop, refine, and own external product positioning and messaging across all Industrial product lines.
- Partner with global sales and business development teams to develop sales enablement strategies and supporting content including educational material, and customer assets such as sales presentations, product overviews, and
- Work cross-functionally to coordinate all external-facing components of product launch and positioning strategies
- Interface with regional marketing teams and ensure alignment and provide support for localization efforts from headquarters
- Interface with various teams to develop tools and contents, such as web, digital and communications.
- Manage marketing assets and roadmap
- Lead global content to demonstrate our products’ achievements and maintain up-to-date resources to be leveraged by the regional teams
- Lead content and marketing strategy for new products, including product launch strategies
- Coordinate webpages updates with our Digital teams
- Coordinate with our communications team on marketing strategy for our products and overall messaging
- Manage Content publication and management tools
- Create content and documentation for our various audiences and stakeholder from commercial customers, utilities to policy makers.
· BA/BS degree
· Deep knowledge on product marketing in the energy industry and B2B segments
· Experience in launching products and developing marketing content for various channels
· Excellent writing skills
· Experience with hardware and software products
· Experience in articulating complex products to various stakeholders such as Commercial customers, renewable developers, utilities and policy makers
· Outstanding project management skills and ability to cover many projects in parallel
· Analytical thinker, fast learner, excellence in execution, team player, and customer focused
· Working knowledge of or willingness to learn Adobe InDesign