Turnitin Company Description
Turnitin is revolutionizing the experience of writing to learn. Turnitin’s formative feedback and originality checking services promote critical thinking, ensure academic integrity and help students improve their writing. Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to engage students in the writing process, provide personalized feedback, and assess student progress over time. Turnitin'sapplications are used by more than 30 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Turnitin is headquartered in Oakland, Calif., with international offices in Newcastle, U.K., Utrecht, Netherlands, Seoul, South Korea and Melbourne, Australia.
Turnitin is seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our Product Management team at our Oakland, CA headquarters. As a Turnitin Product Manager, you will be the voice of our customers by understanding and translating the needs of educators and learners. You will work to improve our existing products and create new features with the help of our developers. Successful Product Managers at Turnitin are team players that thrive in fast-paced environments. A thorough understanding of the technology and resourcing needed to achieve product goals is critical, as well.
- Manage the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities, with experience in and deep knowledge of what it takes to launch a product to a global, diverse market.
- Prioritize work to ensure teams are working on the right things, for the right reasons.
- Work with stakeholders to specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and potential customers.
- Drive a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, Sales, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Develop and implement go-to-market plans, working with all departments to ensure successful execution.
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product.
- 5+ years of product management experience, with a focus on SaaS products with a global user base.
- Knowledge of the educational technology landscape, either secondary or higher education.
- Familiarity with the IMS Global Standards/LTI is a plus
- Passion for education and user experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities & projects
- Ability to work independently and perform under pressure
- Broad knowledge of online software and relevant technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to form effective working relationships with both internal and external partners
- Experience with Android and/or iOS
- Smart, Funny, Talented Colleagues
- Beautiful, brand new office with views of San Francisco Bay
- Health Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to travel internationally
Turnitin is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status, domestic partner status, AIDS or HIV status, height, weight, or association with members of a protected class.