Product Manager - Software
Bevi | Boston
Bevi's mission is to eliminate plastic bottles by making the best drinks instantly available, using purified tap water and natural flavors. Our team possesses the passion, energy and drive to make a difference in the world. We are united by a belief that hard work creates meaningful change and we are looking for creative, committed people to join us as we continue in aggressive growth mode. If you enjoy mission-driven work in a startup environment with abundant opportunity for responsibility and impact, then we’d like to talk.
Bevi is seeking a Product Manager for our software products who will use strong research skills to set vision and strategy, define success measurement and make good decisions. This role will be an integral liaison between our design, marketing, sales, and engineering teams. Exceptional communication, leadership and project management skills are critical for daily collaboration. We’re looking for a Product Manager who is committed to continuous improvement, both in yourself and in the products you manage, who believes in trying new things and failing fast. If you are willing and able to jump between the strategic and tactical, pride yourself on delivering insights that others might miss, and employ creative problem-solving and critical thinking in all aspects of your work, then please apply!
Our new Product Manager, Software will:
- Build a deep understanding of users through market research, customer interviews, and usage studies and translate this understanding to development teams
- Develop new product concepts and determine product/market fit by designing and testing a business and/or pricing model
- Gather requirements for new features and products based on research practices
- Apply research, analytics, and intuition to determine product direction
- Drive product success from concept through production and sustain continuous improvements
- Work alongside our design and engineering teams to ensure requirements are built to spec, deployed to a quality level, and provide the results you predicted
- Design and manage product roadmaps, ensuring timely completion of deliverables along the way.
- Manage timelines and development road mapping
We think you will bring:
- Strong experience conducting user research (observation, interviews, focus groups, etc.) and deriving insights that others would miss
- 2+ years of product management experience for software products with extensive experience working with software engineering teams
- Success working in a startup environment where you have taken ideas from conception to execution, iterating on products in quick cycles
- The ability juggle multiple priorities and make tradeoff decisions when timeline, specs and/or budget don’t align
- Experience with agile and scrum development methodologies
- Basic knowledge of programming concepts
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Scrappiness in market testing new concepts and features
- Strong critical thinking skills
- A deep appreciation for user research and design
- An engineering or programming background and experience developing ioT products are bonuses!
Joining us at Bevi means:
- The opportunity to work on products with positive, tangible, environmental impact
- Company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance at 95%
- Generous paid parental leave
- 15 days PTO and 9 company holidays
- Collaborative workspaces with visiting furry friends, great snacks, and, of course, Bevis!
All interested candidates should send their resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t forget the cover letter! We love learning more about what motivates you (i.e. why you are in your current role, why Bevi, why a start-up, etc.) and who you are (i.e. interests, hobbies, what sets you apart from other candidates, etc.).