Product Manager, Monetization Slack
Slack | San Francisco 2018-07-23
Slack is seeking a product manager on our Lifecycle team to lead product efforts to streamline the purchase experience. This product manager will be responsible for improving the experience of buying and onboarding Slack’s paid plans for customers worldwide. You will need to meld creative product thinking, a thirst for understanding people from a variety of backgrounds, and the thoughtful use of data in order to build an extraordinary experience for our customers.
- Develop the product strategy and roadmap to improve the purchase experience (e.g. checkout, billing infrastructure, and localization) and to reduce paid churn (e.g. paid features adoption).
- Become an authority on your product area and identify areas of opportunity through research and data.
- Define, understand, and improve key funnels and metrics.
- Own features and experiments end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
You should exhibit most of these qualities:
- Solid technical understanding. You can contribute meaningfully to complex systems and features such as our billing and payments system.
- Global mindset. You’ve built products with a global user base.
- Impact focus. You show a consistent history of delivering measurable results for both users and the business.
- Data fluency. You deeply understand how your products work and how to measure long-term impact. You know every step of the funnel. You can design, run, and interpret experiments and A/B tests, and probably know a bit of SQL.
- Ability to think big and small. You are just as comfortable whiteboarding a completely new experience as you are optimizing an existing flow, and you know when to do which.
- Product intuition. You care deeply about getting the details right in order to ship a best-in-class product.
- Natural leadership. You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you.
- Compelling written communication. Your writing is clear and effective.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.