Product Manager MedeAnalytics
MedeAnalytics | United States 2018-12-03
As a pioneer in healthcare analytics, our goal has always been simple: strengthen the business of healthcare in order to improve care. Since 1994, we’ve been merging this single-minded focus with leading technologies and a multidimensional understanding of healthcare to become a leader in analytics driven performance management. We believe the future of healthcare lies in data. By combining sophisticated analytics with the know-how to act on them, MedeAnalytics helps you see the connections—between payer and provider, cost and quality, and good business and better healthcare.
Today, we provide enterprise-level solutions to over 1,500 clients in the US and UK, including ambulatory groups, hospitals, health systems, health plans, state Medicaid programs and more. Our solutions are delivered by a team of experts who bring an unmatched depth of knowledge and healthcare experience to every aspect of our engagements. With the industry’s leading cloud-based analytics platform, we have the powering our Client’s win-strategies across the healthcare spectrum!
For three consecutive years, we have been named as one of Modern Healthcare’s top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2014, 2015 and 2016.
Current Role & Growth Opportunity:
Act as the “CEO” of the Patient Access product line by defining the overall product strategy and managing the product lifecycle in an agile environment. Collaborate with internal stakeholders and clients to create and evaluate product concepts, plan roadmaps, generate product requirements, and steward them through the commercialization process to successfully deliver them to market
This is a chance to be a part of a growing company and work on innovative, big-data products designed to lower the costs of healthcare in the US. The ideal candidate has product management experience and is excited about making products that help clients across the healthcare industry put action plans in place by harnessing the power of their data within a performance management tool.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the “Patient Access” product line strategy, roadmap, and ongoing market research.
- Managing the entire product or services lifecycle or from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Creating business cases including financial models to support the development of the product or services.
- Establishing customer persona and market profiles.
- Evaluating and making Buy/Build/Partner decisions on bringing solutions to market.
- Specifying market problems and requirements for current and future products or services by conducting market analysis, supported by attending conferences, meetings with customers and prospects and key internal resources.
- Defining and inputting features into agile project management software.
- Work closely with Product Owners to ensure that market requirements for new initiatives are being properly developed.
- Management of new products within assigned product family throughout the readiness process to ensure efficient market launch of new initiatives.
- Ongoing assessment of entire product family and individual within product family.
- Working to construct technology partnerships and contracts and maintaining existing partnerships that support our product offering.
- Providing tactical support to other internal initiatives such as sales training, collateral development, and product performance.
- Overseeing the commercialization process of initiatives to ensure that solutions are brought to market with appropriate readiness levels to sell, deliver and support effectively.
Essential Education, Experience and Interests:
- Undergraduate degree
- 3 or more years of Product Management experience
- Agile / Scrum methodology experience is a plus
- 3 or more years related work experience in Healthcare software industry
- Experience in healthcare Patient Access and familiarity with the areas listed below is highly desired:
- Patient scheduling, registration, throughput
- Insurance eligibility
- Patient liability estimation
- Medical necessity
- Pre-service authorization
- Healthcare analytics
- Hands on experience with healthcare applications as a user or vendor is a plus.
- Working knowledge of major clinical and healthcare software products, standards, and interfaces
- Experience defining/prioritizing detailed product requirements
- Ability to think strategically and execute ruthlessly, e.g., being able to articulate a long-term product vision and then roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional teams, schedules and decisions
- Ability to proactively monitor, analyze and resolve release dependencies, issues and risks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Travel required: approximately 10-25%
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near office equipment (telephone, computer) and other employees. The employee works in normal office conditions where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, etc. Verbal and written communication, telephone usage, filing, sitting, typing, driving, reading and carrying required to perform the essential functions of this job