Product Manager BitTorrent
BitTorrent Inc. | San Francisco 2018-08-14
The team here at BitTorrent doesn’t just create products. We create the technologies that revolutionize the web we call home. We believe in a better Internet: one that’s powered by people.
Come help us build.
- BitTorrent creates the technology that drives the efficient and democratized flow of data over the Internet, and your products bring this ability to millions of users worldwide. Our µTorrent and BitTorrent clients are the most popular clients in the world. You will be working to extend the BitTorrent peer-to-peer protocol to include blockchain-based incentives to encourage users to share more and enable them to download faster. This will result in the largest distributed application deployed in the wild. The challenges and possibilities are enormous.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Identifying our market opportunity and defining the feature set to meet it.
- Driving product strategy, defining the end goal and how we measure success.
- Providing the user and business expertise to make smart decisions and manage your product backlog.
- Working on a small, talented team to execute sharply.
- Infusing energy, creativity and purpose to propel your team and give them something to come into work for each day.
- Understanding user needs and turning them into product requirements.
- Starting from the user and working backward, using data each step of the way.
- Passionate about product and creating great experiences
- Tuned into customer and business needs
- Anxious and unsatisfied if you’re not getting results — you apply the 80/20 rule to get meaningful results quickly.
- A true team player. Able to work well with and guide the team and respect each person’s skills and abilities.
- An expert communicator, facilitating openness and inclusion, documenting and clarifying decisions, bringing data to bear in support of decisions, and ultimately earning the trust and teamwork to make good decisions quickly.
- Able to evolve product strategy based on user research, usage data, and industry trends.
- Deeply technical, able to read technical whitepapers and understand the tradeoffs of various distributed system design choices, as well as how to best expose those design choices to users.
- Examples of your previous successes in product management
- A good grasp on data and how to incorporate it into your decision-making
- A position on how to effectively and efficiently validate, test and ultimately bring a product to market successfully.
- Amazing communication skills: oral, interpersonal and written.
- Strong user and design instincts and ability to work with and support UX and design in support of user goals.
- An understanding of the distributed systems landscape and blockchain space.
- 7+ years experience in product management
- Technical background
- Skills in data design, monitoring, and analysis tools
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.