Product Manager, AAA House Manager
AAA | Oakland 2018-08-31
Located in Oakland’s Jack London Square, A3Ventures is the innovation lab and capital investment engine of AAA. We anticipate needs and shape innovations to help people make sense of our rapidly changing world. Our most recent concept is called AAA House Manager.
As the House Manager Product Manager, you will be a core part of an agile and passionate team charged with developing, incubating, and launching a portfolio of businesses that:
- Embrace key megatrends, disruptive technologies, and business models;
- Are collectively capable of generating ~$400+ million in revenue during the next 10 years; and
- Leverage the privileged assets, resources, and distinctive capabilities of AAA.
Who You Are
You are a technology Product Manager with experience crafting and delivering connected experiences, leveraging hardware and software to create products and services that people love. Product Managers at A3V are leaders, communicators, decision makers and doers. We're looking for people with a broad base of skills, a track record of success, and a penchant for creating products that people love.
What You Will Do.
The House Manager Product Manager will lead cross-functional teams of designers, engineers, and marketers to design, develop, and deliver technology solutions that support our business initiative. We're looking for Product Managers who can gather market requirements, leverage design thinking and human-centered design, and conduct extensive business analysis to craft innovative new experiences that deliver value to our members and deepen trust in our brand.
- Ideate: Collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, and marketers to come up with ingenious, innovative solutions to address new problems and opportunities. Leverage business acumen to create solutions that drive business outcomes.
- Design: Understand the current and future needs of AAA House Manager Members; create and execute experiments and rapid prototypes to understand our members pain points and how to solve them.
- Deliver: Articulate user stories, create mockups and identify metrics for pilot and product success. Operate hand-in-hand with distributed engineering teams to deliver new products and services. Understand and manage dependencies and the timing and feature mix of releases.
- Roadmap: Own the vision and roadmap for this product. Manage the product roadmap to deliver the right features at the right time. Monitor the metrics to understand the success of those new products.
What You Have Done.
- At least 2 years of experience in the internet of things, home services, connected home, or subscription-based product management role
- More than 5 years of PM experience in consumer web and mobile products.
- Prior hands-on experience with agile development.
- Technical capacity: You should feel comfortable collaborating with engineering to create and deliver solutions that scale.
- Ability to prioritize features, understand trade-offs and make decisions.
- Energetic, passionate and eager to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong empathy and commitment to human-centered design.
- Be an independent operator.
- Strong organizational and product management skills.
- Superb verbal and written skills.
- Excellent analytical and research capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in computer science or a related discipline. MBA a plus.
Why Join Us?
- Impact. Reinvent AAA and the value propositions we will deliver to over 5.7 MM Members (57MM in North America) whose lives we help improve. Leverage the best of established corporate resources combined with start-up speed and agility to create real and meaningful impact.
- Recognition. We offer a competitive total compensation package including base salary, both annual and long-term lucrative performance bonuses, benefits, and 401(k) Company match with additional discretionary contribution potential.
- Lifestyle. We do honorable work, and we practice our values: respect, integrity, teamwork, and service.