Product Full Stack Engineer Akido Labs
Akido Labs | Los Angeles 2018-05-31
Akido Labs is looking forfrontend/full stack engineersto join our team in Downtown Los Angeles. We’re a Y Combinator backed company leading the transformation of major healthcare and government institutions to become modern, data-driven organizations. We believe that by building and connecting these data networks, allowing for the free flow of information, we will create the more equitable and rational world we envision. A few recent Akido deployments include developing a system to support a nation-wide disaster preparedness network, improving health outcomes by driving positive patient behavior at one of the nation’s largest health systems and combatting homelessness at ground zero in Los Angeles. If projects like these excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Akido is a dynamic team doing big things. We care deeply about the work we do, and about how that work furthers our vision of a world in which data can be leveraged into effective action. We learn from each other, everyone’s opinion is valued, and we enjoy a dynamic, collaborative approach to developing our product. We constantly invest in the personal growth of our employees, providing opportunities to expand within the organization and pursue personal interests.
As a developer on the Engineering team, you will be involved in all stages of the product development and deployment lifecycle: ideation, user interviews, design, planning, prototyping, execution, shipping, and iteration. The majority of your time will be spent coding,but your domain expertise and computer science instincts will enable you to create more informed plans, whether designing individual modules or making sure that multi-system integration will be robust and scalable.
Engineering at Akido is optimized for change as we are constantly faced with new challenges. We build new solutions with our clients, use them as a testing ground to perfect the feature set and then begin another solution while improving and scaling already deployed products. On the one hand, this means that comfort with deadlines and ability to ship are essential. On the other hand, it means that we have an endless supply of interesting problems and technical greenfields.
- Worked professionally as a full-stack or front-end web developer for at least2years, ideally using REST frameworks such as Rails and NodeJS, and frontend frameworks like React. Extensive experience in something other than Rails and React can be a substitute if you are a talented and quick learner.
- Mastered the basics of computer science — we won’t ask you to invert a binary tree on a whiteboard, but the fundamentals of computer science should be second nature to you.
- Demonstrated an ability, willingness and passion to learn new programming languages and technologies as the situation requires.
- Shown ability to work wellin small, fast paced groups, project leadership roles a bonus.
- Had prior experience with system level design and implementation.
- Had the desire and prior experience in investigating and presenting new technologies and practices to the team.
- Experience in privacy, security and data protection.
- Experience developing for mobile platforms either natively or using something like React Native.
- Experience developing very large scale enterprise applications (usually in a language like C++ or Java)
- Experience working with platforms like Heroku, or Heroku-equivalent (e.g. Dokku) cloud hosts.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
- Front-End web Developer: 2 years
- REST Frameworks: 2 years
Required work authorization:
- United States